Samsung Eternity SGH-A867 - Black (AT&T) Cellular Phone Reviews

Samsung Eternity SGH-A867 - Black (AT&T) Cellular Phone

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Great in theory...

Aug 8, 2009 (Updated Aug 8, 2009)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Clarity:
  • Portability:
  • Battery Life:

Pros:good size
fairy easy to use / navigate
functions would be great if touch screen worked better

Cons:touch screen is highly inaccurate / unresponsive
Samsung website and customer service are unhelpful
internet browser

The Bottom Line: Don't buy it. Although it has great functionality, the touch screen makes using all the phone's features a pain.

I've been really unhappy with my Eternity, which I've had for about two months. I bought this phone after doing quite a bit of research. The Eternity seemed to have good reviews from both critics and users, and it had the functionality I was looking for. I wanted a phone with either a QWERTY keyboard or a touch screen, because I hate texting with a numeric keypad.

I like the Eternity’s contacts application. It provides a lot of different fields so you can store quite a bit of information about each contact. It also allows you to create groups and a favorites list, which is helpful if you have a large number of contacts stored in your phone.

In theory, the Eternity has everything I could possibly want -- touch screen QWERTY, 3 megapixel camera, good call quality, online access, mobile email, music player, and tv access (though I can’t use it where I live I have been able to use it in bigger cities). In practice, the touch screen is so inaccurate that nothing works very well. The calibration function does not work, and neither does the vibration feedback.

To make matters worse, the Samsung website has dead links all over the place, and when I emailed customer service, I got a generic response that didn't answer my questions.

I wouldn't buy a Samsung product again.

Recommended for: Professionals On-the-Go - Internet and Email is a Must!

ebay template visit our store ab out us au ctions buy it now f aqs fee dback contac t us SEARCH STORE in titles description Categories AT T T-mobile S...