Samsung RF263AE 25.8 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Reviews

$1,899.00
Free Shipping Lowe's
$1,729.00
Free Shipping AJ Madison

Best-designed fridge we have ever owned.

Jan 18, 2011

Pros:Absolutely huge inside.
Well-laid-out drawers and bins.
Performs well and is energy-efficient.

Cons:Sometimes have to dive headfirst into the freezer to find something.

The Bottom Line: We would buy this again. As a matter of fact, when our current kitchen fridge goes belly-up, we'll probably see what Samsung has to offer...

We bought this fridge to serve as a back-up fridge in the (climate-controlled) storage area because our kitchen can only accommodate a counter-depth side-by-side. I wanted a fridge with more flexible interior space that could store larger things, especially since we belong to a couple of local-food-source cooperatives and end up with soem bulk.

We could not be more pleased with this fridge. As full-sized fridges go, it's not particularly huge, but it SEEMS absolutely cavernous inside. I could easily put 8 gallons of milk in just the fridge doors! The crisper drawers seem to do a better-than-average job of keeping produce fresh, and like the fact that the freezer drawer has both a top-level drawer and a moveable partition to aid organizing it. There is still a tendency to "lose" things in the bottom of the freezer drawer, but it's not terrible (especially since I primarily use it for keeping bags of nuts and frozen veggies - we have a separate upright freezer for meat).

The specs don't indicate this, but it DOES have an icemaker. It's just not a through-the-door setup (we didn't WANT that on a backup fridge).

Also, when this fridge was first installed (in the heat of summer), it took it less than 2 hours to get completely down to temperature. That seemed impressive to me.

Samsung Bottom Freezer Freestanding Refrigerator RF260BEAE. Large Storage Capacity - 26 Cu. Ft. Additional Filtered Ice Maker In The Freezer. High Eff...
AJ Madison
ENERGY STAR qualified. Twin cooling system uses two evaporators to independently control the temperature of the refrigerator and the freezer compartme...
Lowe's