Samsung SMX-C10RN Camcorder - Red

Excellent Value

Jan 10, 2011

• Battery Life:
  • Movie Quality:

Pros:Easy to use, multiple lighting settings, lightweight

Cons:No internal memory, no flash (low light setting works fine though)

The Bottom Line: This is an excellent value that takes solid photos and video with a variety of settings to suit any occasion

I purchased this camera for my husband after a bit of research on the Flip and other "pocket" camcorders that use memory cards for storage.  I was a bit reluctant at first but I found a great Black Friday deal for only $99 and thought "Why not?".  I am so happy that I did!  Not only is this camera lightweight, small, and a great color (I got the red one) it is also very easy to use and takes high quality video for such a small piece of equipment.

Camera Specifics:
   *Takes both video and still images
   *Has a variety of lighting options (including some very obscure ones like "food" - I wasn't aware that food had specific lighting requirements!  Nevertheless, the options are fun to play around with.
   *Gives the option of taking video in black and white (one of my favorite features!)
   *10x optical zoom
   *"Hyper Image stabilization" - No more blurry videos!
   *Rechargeable battery - AC adapter or USB cord (both included)
   *Storage is on SD/SDHC memory cards (NOT included)
   *Angled lens
   *Long life battery
   *Easy one-touch video uploads

Why you should purchase this camcorder:  This is a great mini-camcorder for the price.  It does a fantastic job of taking videos with ease.  Even my husband's dad, who is nearing 65, picked it up and was using it without a "technology tutorial"!  It is very lightweight and can be taken anywhere.  It takes both still photos and video so that you have no need to drag around two cameras with you.

Why you should not purchase this camcorder:  If you are looking for a professional grade camcorder with a lot of internal memory or straight to dvd filming, this is not the camcorder for you.  But come on, for a $100, this is a great camera!

Recommended for: Budget Buyers - Best Values to Fit the Budget

Top Quality Samsung SMX-F33 8GB Flash Memory Camcorder w/ 34x optical 1200x Digital Zoom and 2.7 LCD Display By SAMSUNG

Samsung SC-HMX10 High Definition 2.7 LCD Display 10x Optical Zoom Digital Camcorder

Samsung - F90BN HD Flash Memory Camcorder - Black

Samsung - F90BN HD Flash Memory Camcorder - Black

Record footage in 720p resolution with this Samsung F980BN HMX-F90BN/XAA flash memory camcorder, which features a CMOS sensor to help you capture high...
Best Buy

Samsung F90 5 MP High Definition Camcorder - Black

Samsung F90 5 MP High Definition Camcorder - Black

The Samsung 52x optical zoom lens brings you as close to the action as you need to be and ensures that every image is as clear and crisp as you rememb...
Dell