Samsung WEP700 Black Ear-Hook Headsets Reviews

Samsung WEP700 Black Ear-Hook Headsets

The Samsung WEP700 is a great Bluetooth Headset!

Dec 29, 2008

Pros:Great clarity in sound.

Cons:Charger connection and only one earpiece size.

The Bottom Line: One of the best Headsets I have tested for 2008.

The Samsung WEP700 offers noise cancelling technology at a budget price. I have been wearing one for about three months. It is so light and comfortable that after a while I will forget that I am wearing it.

What I meant by budget price it that the WEP700 lists for around $89, which is a decent price for a noise cancelling headset. Shop around because it can be found for much less.

My testing background
I am the Administrator of Technology Development for a local Cellular company. I have tested several Bluetooth headsets this year and the WEP700 is one of my favorites.

Light, comfortable and convenient is what the Samsung WEP700 is. It is 1.81 inches long by 0.74 inches wide by 0.42 inches thick, weighing in at 7.1 grams. The ear-hook can be pulled off and turned around so the headset can be worn on the left or right ear. Blue light flashes on for pairing and to show that the headset is on and a red light indicates that the headset is turning off.

My Tests
For me sound is everything because I do have a hearing loss. When someone calls the headset, it will send out a beeping sound letting you know an incoming call is coming, then your phone will ring or vibrate (depending on the setting your phone has) and then the headset will send out another beep after the phone quits ringing. The phone and headset will do that until you push the button on the headset to answer the phone or until they hang up. On most headsets I have the volume wide open, on the Samsung WEP700 I have to turn it down a click or two because it seems so much louder to me than other headsets. The sound clarity is crystal clear no matter what the volume is set on.

Now I can hear well with the WEP700, but how about the person on the other end. Since I talk to my wife on all of the headsets I have tested I will give you her answer. My wife says there is still a small echo sound in the background that she hears on all headsets, though the WEP700 is not too bad. When driving down the road in my truck with the window down, she doesn’t hear the wind bashing sound that she hears on other headsets, she hears a little bit, but my voice comes through loud and clear.

There are three buttons on the WEP700, the two on each side is for volume up and down and the big button in the headset is a multifunction button.  The multifunction button is made for answering calls, redialing the last number, dialing a number by voice, ending a call, rejecting a call and more.

Likes:
Comfortable, Easy to pair, good sound quality.

Dislikes:
No earpiece sizes; one size has to fit all, which could be a problem with people who have smaller ears. The charger connection is dedicated to the headset, not a standard connection, I would much prefer a standard Micro or Mini USB charger connection.

Other technical info
6 hours of talk time
200 hours of standby time
Bluetooth Version 2.0

Overall
The Samsung WEP700 is a winner for me, sounds good and is comfortable to wear. It doesn’t cancel out all of the background noises, but it cancels the majority, with a clear sound quality. I charge it up only once or twice a week depending on how much I have talked with it.

Out of a 5 star rating I would give it 4 stars.

Samsung Wep450 Black Bluetooth Wireless Headset 450

Samsung Wep450 Black Bluetooth Wireless Headset 450

Samsung WEP450 Black Bluetooth Wireless Headset This is AN OEM Original Samsung Product WALL CHARGER INCLUDED USER GUIDE INCLUDED Meet the WEP450, the...

Samsung Wep 460 Bluetooth Headset-black

Samsung Wep 460 Bluetooth Headset-black

New OEM Samsung Wep 460 Bluetooth Headset-Black MSRP: $39.95 The Samsung WEP460 Bluetooth Headset is lightweight, and designed for people on-the-go wi...

Samsung Wep450 Bluetooth Wireless Headset With Travel Charger

Samsung Wep450 Bluetooth Wireless Headset With Travel Charger

NEW Samsung WEP450 Bluetooth Wireless Headset with Travel Charger **Item Listed Is Brand New In The Factory Sealed Retail Package**Samsung WEP450 Blue...

WHOLESALE LOT 500 pc Bluetooth Ear Hook Loop Clip Replacement for Samsung wep450, wep460, wep475, wep475 Black.
Samsung Wep210 Silver/black Bluetooth Headset

Samsung Wep210 Silver/black Bluetooth Headset

Samsung WEP210 Silver/Black Bluetooth Headset Brand New in Box

Samsung Wep450 Bluetooth Wireless Headset And Charger

Samsung Wep450 Bluetooth Wireless Headset And Charger

Brand New Sealed in the original box, Never opened, never used. Fast shipping.Detailed item info Product Information Get the Samsung WEP450 ear-hook h...

Authentic Samsung Wep570 Bk Bluetooth Headset For Prevail M820 W Earhook

Authentic Samsung Wep570 Bk Bluetooth Headset For Prevail M820 W Earhook

Brand NEW Genuine Black Samsung WEP570 AWEP570PBEC Bluetooth Wireless Headset for Samsung Prevail M820 Part #: AWEP570PBECSTA with Travel Combo versio...

Samsung Wep210 Bluetooth Wireless Headset Silver Limited Edition

Samsung Wep210 Bluetooth Wireless Headset Silver Limited Edition

Brand new samsung wep 210 bluetooth.Compatible with any bluetooth featured mobile.Free shipping Color : silver Limited edition bluetooth Posted with e...