SanDisk microSD Card with full-size Secure Digital (2 GB) (SDSDQ2048P36A) Reviews

SanDisk microSD Card with full-size Secure Digital (2 GB) (SDSDQ2048P36A)

Transfer photos, music, video from your Cell Phone!

Feb 13, 2011 (Updated Feb 25, 2011)

Pros:Inexpensive solution for transferring photos, videos and music to and from your cell phone.

Cons:Tiny chip could get lost.

The Bottom Line: You only need one of these cards for all your file transfer needs. Go ahead, get your photos off your phone and start living the Mobile microSD life!

Necessity is the mother of invention. And if cell phones didn't take digital pictures, and photos weren't fun to view, share and post to facebook, we would never have needed Mobile microSD cards with Adapters.

My daughter took some photos for a school project, but had no way of transferring them to my PC. My PC doesn't have bluetooth, and I don't have the Pantech adapter cord for her phone. Mom to the rescue! I bought this SanDisk 2GB microSD Card with Adapter at Best Buy for around $10.79. I think maybe I overpaid for it, but it was the quickest solution to my file transfer problem.

The microSD card is a tiny chip only about a centimeter long. Most newer phones, including the Pantech Pursuit, have a microSD slot built into the phone. As soon as we put the microSD card into the phone, the phone recognized it as a memory card. It was a little tricky to figure out how to transfer the files, but eventually we put them into a folder on the phone and copied the folder to the microSD card.

Once the files are on the microSD card, the card fits into the SD Adapter card, which is the same size and shape as a regular SD Memory Card. The microSD adapter fits into any SD memory card slot on your computer, or SD flash drive card reader. Upon inserting the adapter into my Sony VAIO notebook computer, the memory card is accessible like any other flash memory device. You can easily transfer photos, videos or other files from the microSD to your computer, or vice-versa. Since most cell phones play music MP3 files, you could transfer music files to the microSD card and copy them to your phone. Basically, this device eliminates the need to buy a USB cable for connecting your phone to your computer.

The properties for this Sandisk Mobile GB microSD memory card are nearly identical to their 2GB SD flash memory cards. There's approximately 1.83 GB space for file storage. The card comes with several directories defined on it: audio, graphics, other files, Picture and video. That directory structure should help you organize your files for transferring to and from your phone.

Will it last? According to the package, it's:
Waterproof | Temperature Proof | Shock Proof | X-Ray Proof

Overall, I'm very pleased with this readily available solution to transferring photos and videos to and from our cell phones. Phones have so many features these days, it's necessary to communicate with them using any means possible. As long as you don't lose the microSD chip, you can reuse it as many times as you want; just delete files from it after you transfer them.

I plan on storing my microSD card and adapter in the large package they came in. That way, I will not lose them!

Related review: SD = Secure Digital, SanDisk. Sweet!

Sandisk Microsd 512mb Microsd Mobile Memory Kit - (sdsdq-512-a11mk)

Sandisk Microsd 512mb Microsd Mobile Memory Kit - (sdsdq-512-a11mk)

NEW SanDisk microSD 512MB microSD Mobile Memory Kit - (SDSDQ-512-A11MK)Brand New , Factory Sealed Model: SDSDQ-512-A11MK

Sandisk Microsd 1gb Microsd Mobile Memory Kit - (sdsdq-1024-a11mk)

Sandisk Microsd 1gb Microsd Mobile Memory Kit - (sdsdq-1024-a11mk)

NEW SanDisk microSD 1GB microSD Mobile Memory Kit - (SDSDQ-1024-A11MK)Brand New , Factory Sealed Model: SDSDQ-1024-A11MK

Lot Of 4 Sandisk Microsd Microsdhc 32gb 32g Class4 Tf Flash Memory Card Wholesal

Lot of 4 Sandisk microSD MicroSDHC 32GB 32G Class4 TF Flash MEMORY Card WHOLESAL Product Description The SanDisk microSD and microSDHC memory cards of...

Sandisk 1 Gb Microsd Card - (sdsdq-1024-a11mk)

Sandisk 1 Gb Microsd Card - (sdsdq-1024-a11mk)

kosmos store 1 New Factory Sealed: SanDisk 1 GB MicroSD Card - (SDSDQ-1024-A11MK)Micro SD Adapter Included Shipping:Orders Placed Before 4 A.M. Ship ...

SanDisk - microSD? Memory Card (32GB)

SanDisk - microSD? Memory Card (32GB)

SanDisk - microSD? Memory Card (32GB) Class 4 5-year limited warranty 32GB
Lot Of 4 Sandisk Microsd Microsdhc 4gb 4g Class 4 Tf Flash Memory Card Wholesal

Lot Of 4 Sandisk Microsd Microsdhc 4gb 4g Class 4 Tf Flash Memory Card Wholesal

Lot of 4 Sandisk microSD MicroSDHC 4GB 4G Class 4 TF Flash MEMORY Card WHOLESAL Product Description The SanDisk microSD and microSDHC memory cards off...

SanDisk 16GB microSD Card w/ Adapter

SanDisk 16GB microSD Card w/ Adapter

SanDisk Mobile - Flash memory card ( microSDHC to SD adapter included ) - 16 GB - Class 2 - microSDHC

SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 microSD Card

SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 microSD Card

Amplify the performance of your smartphone or tablet with the SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class microSD Card. This card is a smart choice for smartphone enthus...

Sandisk microSD 2GB memory card

Sandisk microSD 2GB memory card

Product Details The microSD / Transflash cards are universally compatible Comes bundled with an SD Adapter, providing universal compatibility with oth...
Sandisk 8gb Microsd Card Hi-speed Class 4

Sandisk 8gb Microsd Card Hi-speed Class 4

Overstock Everyday Free Shipping on Orders Over $50* *Shipping excludes PO Boxes and international orders. Home Garden Jewelry Watches Sporting Goods ...