SanDisk Cruzer SDCZ40-032G-A11 (32 GB) USB 2.0 Flash Drive

Safely Back it up in a Flash with SanDisk 32GB Encryption.

Sep 6, 2010 (Updated Sep 6, 2010)

Pros:Excellent encryption technology, backed by 32 GB of storage.

Cons:Software is kind of annoying, when you first plug it in.

The Bottom Line: A great way to combine large storage with good security for all your personal or work related projects

Flash drives seem to be becoming more and more like external hard drives. By this I mean the amount of physical space/storage they are now offering. Does anyone remember when basic hard drives were 1-4GB on a PC? I sure do, but now it seems with all the Digital Photos, 3D drawings, movies, games, and music these smaller devices just aren’t cutting it.

Storage & Value
Let’s face it, anytime a newer higher volume/faster flash drive comes out it can be pretty expensive. At 32 GB of course it is going to be the most expensive unit at first, but as larger capacity units are designed the price will in return go down. But lets face it having the ability to carry such a larger amount of memory with you in turn propagates a worthwhile feeling at $2 a megabyte. I for one like the ability to carry a large portion of my photos, music, and personal data files all in one handy little drive that fits in my pocket or on my keychain.

Software & Security
Another selling point for me as to why I decided to upgrade my current smaller flash drives was the security software included with the SanDisk 32GB Ultra Backup Flash Drive. The encryption software includes fail safes for password hacking, deletion control, and memory management. I will say that overall I am not happy with some of the annoying software actions when you first plug in the flash drive, but I will say that the added security helps me feel that if someone did get a hold of my drive that the files would not be easily accessed by just anyone.

Person Experience
The software is fairly plug and play, meaning when I place the drive in my 2.0 USB slot I am able to access my files in a widows based prompt where I can copy paste files from my laptop to my desktop or vise versa. I also find it easy to take files home from work which includes Microstation DGN files, AUTO CADD, and other important Plan PDF files. In addition I am very guilty of taking my music from home and bringing it on SanDisk 32GB Ultra Backup Flash Drive, to my office and listening to it on headsets while drafting or reviewing plans.

The drive’s space of 32GB allows for separate creation of a folder where I have all my current digital camera photos as backups incase something were to happen to my desktop computer at home. I also recommend for users that have public computers like where I work, almost anyone can sit down at my desk and mess with files or change settings. So if you’re like me and setup your CADD drafting software with a profile that saves your buttons, settings, and commands it would behoove you save information to your own personal drive incase someone messes with your computer at work. Can’t tell you how much time this saves.

Recommendation
I’ve had the privilege to work with many different new technologies over the year and I can san when it comes to flash drives I’ve had extremely responsible output from Sandisk flash drives. This particular unit offers a good solution for both memory storage and security. With the exception of the software quirks and annoying requests after startup, the overall value and experience with the SanDisk 32GB Ultra Backup Flash Drive has been both positive and rewarding, I can without a doubt recommend this drive for anyone looking for a larger storage unit and the encryption security most would expect from a person drive that contains sensitive files or information.

Sandisk Cruzer Force 32gb Usb Drive - Sdcz71-032g-a46

Sandisk Cruzer Force 32gb Usb Drive - Sdcz71-032g-a46

Sandisk Cruzer Force 32gb Usb Drive - Sdcz71-032g-a46 Brand: SanDisk UPC: 619659091378 Model: SDCZ71-032G-A46
Sandisk Cruzer Switch Sdcz52-032g-a11 32 Gb Usb 2.0 Flash Drive (sdcz52032ga11)

Sandisk Cruzer Switch Sdcz52-032g-a11 32 Gb Usb 2.0 Flash Drive (sdcz52032ga11)

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns SanDisk Cruzer Sw...

Sandisk Cruzer Facet 32gb Usb Flash Drive, Usb 2.0, Silver Sdcz55-032g-b35s

Sandisk Cruzer Facet 32gb Usb Flash Drive, Usb 2.0, Silver Sdcz55-032g-b35s

1.888.209.5772 About me Contact Us Shipping Payments FAQ SanDisk Cruzer Facet 32GB USB Flash Drive, USB 2.0, Silver SKU: IDSCFSL32GB Mfr. Part: SDCZ55...

SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32GB USB Flash Drive - Black/Red (SDCZ60-032G-T11)

SanDisk Cruzer Glide 32GB USB Flash Drive - Black/Red (SDCZ60-032G-T11)

Find memory cards and thumb drives at Target.com! Easily recover deleted photos or videos with rescuepro recovery software, included with your sandisk...

Sandisk Cruzer Glide 32gb Usb Flash Drive - Sdcz60-032g-a46

Sandisk Cruzer Glide 32gb Usb Flash Drive - Sdcz60-032g-a46

Sandisk Cruzer Glide 32gb Usb Flash Drive - Sdcz60-032g-a46 Brand: SanDisk UPC: 619659075521 Model: SDCZ60-032G-A46
Sandisk Cruzer Sdcz36-032g-b35 34359738368byte Flash Drive Usb (sdcz36032gb35)

Sandisk Cruzer Sdcz36-032g-b35 34359738368byte Flash Drive Usb (sdcz36032gb35)

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Sandisk Cruzer Sd...

Sandisk Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Z50 32gb Usb 2.0 Sdcz50-032g-b35 For Xbox 360

Sandisk Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Z50 32gb Usb 2.0 Sdcz50-032g-b35 For Xbox 360

Sandisk Cruzer Blade Z50 32GB USB2.0 Pen Drive SDCZ50-032G-B35 Manufacturer: Sandisk MFG Part No: SDCZ50-032G-B35 Condition: New , Availability: In St...

Sandisk Cruzer Switch 32gb Usb Flash Drive - Sdcz52-032g-a46

Sandisk Cruzer Switch 32gb Usb Flash Drive - Sdcz52-032g-a46

Sandisk Cruzer Switch 32gb Usb Flash Drive - Sdcz52-032g-a46 Brand: SanDisk UPC: 619659067533 Model: SDCZ52-032G-A46

Sandisk SDCZ52-032G-A46 32GB Cruzer Switch USB Flash Drive

The SanDisk Cruzer Switch USB Flash Drive (32GB) sports a flip-top design and the ability to be connected to your keychain.
PCM