SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ Blue ( 4 GB ) Digital Media Player Reviews

Aug 10, 2009

• Sound:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Pros:Expandable memory, versatility, durability, fast charging

Cons:Can't play music while charging on a computer. No clip. Ear buds fall out.

The Bottom Line: Forget the IPod! This one is highly functional, undoubtedly durable and half the price or less!

I bought this player after being burned and dissatisfied with several very cheap players which weren't durable and had little in the way of features.

*The construction is extremely durable compared to the players of coworkers that I looked at when I was trying to decide what to get. I'm a little tough on my toys, so durability is a must.

*The radio receiver on it is definitely a plus! If I get bored with listening to my own media, I can switch to radio.

*The battery life is 24-28 hours per charge depending on the temperature. Cooler room temperature makes the battery last longer. The unit also charges fully fairly quickly (30-45 minutes).

* I didn't like the ear bud headphones that came with it. They fell out constantly, so I replaced them with the kind that hook over the ear.

*The player's best feature is the little MicroSD chip slot on the side which allows you to expand the unit's memory. I put a 4GB chip in there, have over 1000 songs on the unit and STILL haven't filled it! You can use this feature to make a "mix chip" of certain mood music or just keep expanding your library. It's a GREAT feature and the chips are relatively cheap if you get them online.

*The player can also serve as a jump drive as it will store any type of file.

* You can't listen to music on it while it's hooked to a computer to charge. However, I found that using a battery charger with a USB port to charge it instead of the computer negates the problem.

* You have to spend extra to get a case or clip sleeve for the unit as it doesn't come with any means to carry it. This is one of its major drawbacks. It HAS to ride in a pocket if you don't have a carrier. Having it next to your warm body like that shortens the battery life.

* This player also reads text files, stores photos and plays videos, but I can't speak to those features as I don't use them. It's strictly a music player for me.

I will probably not even think about buying any other brand of media player from now on. Sansa's player is the BEST!

Recommended for: Music Lovers - High Capacity Storage for an Entire Album Collection

Battery for SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4GB,  Sansa Fuze 8GB

Battery for SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4GB, Sansa Fuze 8GB

Battery for SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4GB, Sansa Fuze 8GB
Batterybay.net

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player; 4GB, Blue

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player; 4GB, Blue

Comes with a fashionable clip for wearing anywhere. Supports MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Audible, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, plus audio books and podcasts
Quill.com

SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus 4GB Flash MP3 Player

SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus 4GB Flash MP3 Player

The Sansa Clip+ is a tiny MP3 player that boasts an array of cool features, as well as distinctively big sound for its small size. Rock out with up to...
Office Depot

SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player - Blue (SDMX22-004G-A57B)

SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player - Blue (SDMX22-004G-A57B)

Find portable mp3 players at Target.com! Sansa clip zip mp3 player offers the ultimate on-the-go experience, feature-rich player and a great value for...

Original/new/sealed Sandisk Sansa Fuze+(plus) Replacement Battery Pack

Original/new/sealed Sandisk Sansa Fuze+(plus) Replacement Battery Pack

We ship 6-days a week, we Guaranteed your package will ship 24-hours in Texas, USA. Item Description Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ Battery Pack You are buying o...