SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ Blue ( 4 GB ) Digital Media Player Reviews

Aug 10, 2009

• Sound:
  • Battery Life:
  • Portability:

Pros:Expandable memory, versatility, durability, fast charging

Cons:Can't play music while charging on a computer. No clip. Ear buds fall out.

The Bottom Line: Forget the IPod! This one is highly functional, undoubtedly durable and half the price or less!

I bought this player after being burned and dissatisfied with several very cheap players which weren't durable and had little in the way of features.

*The construction is extremely durable compared to the players of coworkers that I looked at when I was trying to decide what to get. I'm a little tough on my toys, so durability is a must.

*The radio receiver on it is definitely a plus! If I get bored with listening to my own media, I can switch to radio.

*The battery life is 24-28 hours per charge depending on the temperature. Cooler room temperature makes the battery last longer. The unit also charges fully fairly quickly (30-45 minutes).

* I didn't like the ear bud headphones that came with it. They fell out constantly, so I replaced them with the kind that hook over the ear.

*The player's best feature is the little MicroSD chip slot on the side which allows you to expand the unit's memory. I put a 4GB chip in there, have over 1000 songs on the unit and STILL haven't filled it! You can use this feature to make a "mix chip" of certain mood music or just keep expanding your library. It's a GREAT feature and the chips are relatively cheap if you get them online.

*The player can also serve as a jump drive as it will store any type of file.

* You can't listen to music on it while it's hooked to a computer to charge. However, I found that using a battery charger with a USB port to charge it instead of the computer negates the problem.

* You have to spend extra to get a case or clip sleeve for the unit as it doesn't come with any means to carry it. This is one of its major drawbacks. It HAS to ride in a pocket if you don't have a carrier. Having it next to your warm body like that shortens the battery life.

* This player also reads text files, stores photos and plays videos, but I can't speak to those features as I don't use them. It's strictly a music player for me.

I will probably not even think about buying any other brand of media player from now on. Sansa's player is the BEST!

Recommended for: Music Lovers - High Capacity Storage for an Entire Album Collection

Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ 8 Gb Mp3 Player (white) - MP3 Player Covers & Cases

Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ 8 Gb Mp3 Player (white) - MP3 Player Covers & Cases

Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ 8 Gb Mp3 Player (white) - With the versatile SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ MP3 player, you'll get more features for less money. You'll be ab...

SanDisk(R) Sansa(R) Clip 4GB MP3 Player With FM Tuner, Black

SanDisk(R) Sansa(R) Clip 4GB MP3 Player With FM Tuner, Black

Compact player attaches to your clothes for hands-free listening Wearable MP3 player is great for running, commuting and more. 4GB capacity stores up ...
Office Depot

Sandisk Sansa Clip Plus 4GB MP3 Player w/Micro SD (Burgundy)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red)

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red)

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) - Capacity: 4GB Color: Red Sandisk Sansa Clip Plus 4GB Flash MP3 Player SDMX18R-004GR-A57 MP3 Players There'...
SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus 4GB Flash MP3 Player FM Tuner Voice Recorder - 4GB Flash Memory - OLED - Blue

The Sandisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player (4GB, Ice Blue) is a pint-sized powerhouse of audio wonderment. This compact, go anywhere MP3 player attaches to yo...
Sandisk Sansa Clipplus 4gb Red Player - Sdmx18r-004gr-a5

Sandisk Sansa Clipplus 4gb Red Player - Sdmx18r-004gr-a5

Sandisk Sansa Clipplus 4gb Red Player - Sdmx18r-004gr-a5 Brand: SanDisk UPC: 619659000097 Model: SDMX18R-004GR-A5
Brand New SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus 4GB Flash MP3 Player - FM Tuner, Voice Recorder - 4GB Flash Memory - OLED - Red