SanDisk SD 8 GB Class 2 - SDHC Card - (SDSDB8192BULK) Reviews

SanDisk SD 8 GB Class 2 - SDHC Card - (SDSDB8192BULK)

Review of the SanDisk 8GB SD Card (Class 2 Speed, Very Affordable)

Jun 7, 2009

Pros:very affordable, tons of space, works perfectly, plug-and-play, easy to find in stores

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: It's an excellent SD Card, and you really can't go wrong with an 8GB SanDisk memory card, as it gives you all the space you need at a great price.

I now use a SanDisk 8GB SD Card with my Canon PowerShot SD990 IS and have been quite happy with this memory card so far.  Sure it's not the best possible card on the market, but it does exactly what it advertises, and that is to save images and videos without providing any problems to the user.  That isn't always the case with memory cards, but with the SanDisk 8GB SD Card, we have had very good results not only with saving images and videos to the card, but with taking them off and putting them on different machines.  I had previously been using a 4GB card, but I started using my digital Elph for so many videos that I just needed the extra space on a card when I was out of the house.  So, I turned to Dell and their online store for a new 8GB SanDisk memory card.

Now the SanDisk SD Cards are designed to work not only with computers but card readers as well, but I must admit that I use this SanDisk memory card for its most basic of purposes, and that is to help along the use of my digital camera.  The SanDisk card doesn't get taken out of my camera anymore, but rather stays in there as I work with files, both uploading them and downloading them from my camera any time that I want.  The 8GB of space mean that I can save a few extra hours of video to the camera, or I can save many, many more digital pictures on a higher level of pixilation before I have to clear the card for the next set of uses.  By having to empty the card far less often, it saves me additional time, and lets me rest easy that I am not going to run out of space on the camera.

There is really nothing spectacular about the SanDisk 8GB card, but rather a frame of mind that it provides that you are always going to have enough space for your digital images.  Putting it into your camera for the first time, it doesn’t take any work to get things off and running, but becomes just another great plug and play toy that will make your digital cameras work for longer times between uploads.  It is advertised that the card provides a lot of speed, and I think that it does just that, but this card is rated as a class 2.  Think of the class level as the number of megabytes per second that the camera can upload, and that this digital card will give you two megabytes per second.  There are some on the market that will do it much faster, but you save a lot of money going with reliability and average speed using the SanDisk (this one).

This is really a high quality SanDisk card, and with 8GB of room, some user may find that it is more than enough to keep them happy for quite a long time.  The images always save to the card quickly, and it has always operated just as it is intended to with my digital camera.  The price was also very affordable, as it is one of those products that you can typically find on sale if you just look around.  If I remember correctly, this one cost me less than $30.00 total on sale, and there have been even better deals that I have seen around the internet.  If you are looking for a memory card that is going to give you a lot of space to save images, and want something that is both affordable and high quality, you cannot go wrong with the SanDisk 8GB SD Card.

STORE CATEGORIES Flash Memory -MicroSD(HC)/T​F -Secure Digital (SD) -SD High Capacity (SDHC) -Compact Flash (CF) -Memory Stick Micro (M2) -xD Pictur...

Hard to find 8GB SDHC SDSB-8192 MEMORY Card This SanDisk Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Memory Card is a highly secure stamp-sized flash memory c...