Sand Pebble Resort, FL Reviews

Sand Pebble Resort, FL

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Perfect sunsets from our balcony at the Sand Pebble Resort.

Feb 4, 2012

Pros:On the beach. Perfect sunsets. Close to John's Pass.

Cons:Coin operated laundry room.

The Bottom Line: If you want a location with beach access, with plenty to do, then the Sand Pebble should work for you.  Plenty of room in the 1 bedroom, 1 bath beachfront.

Last month we used some of our timeshare points to stay at the Sand Pebble Resort, on Treasure Island beach.  We were told by RCI that we would have a 1 bedroom A side, with a full kitchen.

We parked at the side of the building, walked in, and turned right to reception.  Here I was told that we would be in 203B.  I said to the lady, that we had been told it would be the A side.  She told me that she couldn't help me on that, and I would have to phone RCI.

To cut a very long story short, after 45 minutes of being on my own cell phone, passing it to the other person in reception, and back again, I finally got what we were expecting.  I wasn't too happy that the employees, of Sand Pebble Resort, hadn't made that phone call for me.

Our room was 207A.

We found the carts for the luggage, and loaded up.  The elevator was right next to reception.  Once we got out on the second floor, the middle of the building is open, and you walk around the sides of it to your room.  There was building going on in the middle, and we found out that it will be a new elevator.  This did give us noise throughout the week, but we understood that.

We found 207, and opened it up, and there was a hallway with 207A and 207B.  It was nice to have the added security of 2 doors.

Upon opening the door, the kitchen was to the right.  There was a large fridge/freezer, toaster, blender, big cooker with ceramic top, microwave,  kettle, electric can opener, mixer, large dishwasher, coffee maker.  Huge amount of pots, pans, caserole dishes, and everything you would find in a kitchen.  8 sets of plates etc.

Next was the breakfast bar, with 2 bar stools.

In the dining area was an oblong wooden dining table with 4 chairs, which had a pull out leaf at each end, so it could seat 8 people.  Moving to the lounge area were 2 large armchairs, with matching footstalls, 3 seater sofa/bed, wooden coffee table, and end tables.  There were lots of lamps.  In the corner was a 26 inch television in a unit, with a DVD player, and drawers.

At the front were patio doors, that open up to the balcony that gave a full view of the beach, and water.  This was just amazing.  Going through the door to the bedroom there was a Kingsize bed, another 26 inch television, in a unit with drawers below.  A chair, tables next to bed, chest of drawers, and more lamps.  I loved the large window across the front, giving a panoramic view of the beach.  There was also a door leading out to the balcony.

On the balcony was a table and 4 chairs.

The next room I walked into was a huge dressing room, that had hanging space on both sides, and also a closet at the end.  There was an ironing board, iron, and laundry basket in this area.

The tiled bathroom had a double vanity, toilet, low bathtub with shower, and a hairdryer.  There were 6 bath towels, and face cloths.  We also found 6 pool towels.

After unpacking I found the stairs, which were next to our unit, and walked down to the ground floor.  Here there was a Tiki bar, swimming pool, pool table, shuffleboard courts, a family, and an adult only whirlpool/spa.

I continued walking through the grounds, and came out on the sand.  This is just a perfect spot to stay, and it is only 6 or 7 buildings north of our Voyager timeshare.

They had an activities schedule, and we went to the Sunday 'Travelogue', where we met other people staying there, had coffee and juice, and a member of the staff answered questions.  Actually I was able to answer some of them, as Treasure Island is like our second home.

Monday they had a 'Get acqainted party', which was a lot of fun.  They had a one man band, who was really good, and got the crowd singing.  They had free rum punch, beer, wine, and soda.  Everyone enjoyed it.

Tuesday was Shuffleboard, which we didn't attend.  I came off the beach in the afternoon to hear the last of the free bingo being called.  They were giving away attraction tickets as prizes, and later wished that I had gone.  I got to swim in the pool, that afternoon, and the water temperature was great.

Wednesday was a miserable rainy day, but we were able to get our hot dogs, chips, and soda, at $3.

Thurday they had a Sand castle viewing, and an ice cream social for $2.50.  We didn't attend these.

There was free WIFI, which was slow.  It worked on and off for computers, but I couldn't download anything on my Smartphone.  I had to get away from the resort, and walk the beach to get access.  Also my cell phone wouldn't work in the room.  When I spoke to a member of staff she told me that hers didn't work either.

The location is fantastic.  I used the stairs all the time, and walked the beach for 6 or more hours a day.  I came up for my meals.  We found another inexpensive restaurant to add to our list.  That was Britt's Coal Fire Pizza.  We got to have our favorite ice cream at Super Scoops. We also had the special of the day at Sea Hags Bar & Grill.

We were in walking distance of John's Pass, and the boardwalk, where there are plenty of shops, restaurants, and fun things to do.

Our accommodation was great, apart from the rainy day.  I didn't like walking around the inside of the building with it being open.  The rain didn't come on me, because of the floors above, but it was strange.  Also I was amazed to find that you had to pay to do your washing, in the laundry room.  This is the only timeshare that I know, which charges you.

These untis can be rented out, and the one we stayed in varies according to season, from $690 to $1,135 a week.  We did look at the 1 room, and 2 room efficiencies, and thought them to be below par.  These ran from $350 a week to $630 a week at peak season.

Treasure Island is located just north of St. Petersburg, and south of Clearwater, Florida.  It is 40 miles from my home.

I have to say that the beachfront timeshare offers one of the largest apartments, I have stayed in, on the beach.  It is decorated well, spacious, and had everything we needed.  The sunsets were spectacular, and on cold nights we sat, and watched it from inside our apartment.

Sand Pebble Resort,
12300 Gulf Blvd,
Treasure Island,
Fl. 33706.

Telephone 727-360-1845.  Fax 727-367-9309.