-45%
Sanford Sharpie Chisel-Tip Permanent Marker (38250) Reviews

Sanford Sharpie Chisel-Tip Permanent Marker (38250)

+$5.99 shipping Home Depot
+$6.85 shipping OfficeSuperSavers

Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink ~ Makes a Statement

Mar 6, 2006

Pros:lasts a long time, bright color, works well

Cons:tip has not stayed the same over time

The Bottom Line: The Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink is easy to use, comfortable, vibrant in color, and lasts long.

I have never hid the fact that I love office supplies. Whether it be paper or pens or markers. My fiance says I am a bit fanatical but he allows me to supply myself with "goodies" when I really need to.

I have always been a fan of Sanford Sharpie Markers. They work well, last a significant amount of time for a marker and they aren't too expensive. I don't use my Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink everyday but enough that I would have thought it would not have anything left in it. However I am wrong.

I bought the Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink for I think around $1.50. I needed a bright color as I was making out signs and trying to keep boxes in order in my home. I have had this same marker for about a year and a half. Yes, it has lasted that long.

~The Basics of this Sharpie Chisel Point Marker~

The Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink five and half inches (5 1/2") long with the cap on. When the cap is off, the length is only five inches (5") long. The Marker is flat rather than round like other Sharpie Permanent Markers. The approximate width is three-quarters of an inch (3/4") and maybe a centimeter in depth. The cap is bright orange to signify its color, and has a clip on it. When you take the cap off, the color orange is displayed wrapped around the base of the marker. The actual rest of the Sharpie Chisel Point is gray.

~The Positive Aspects~

The Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink isn't huge and although wide still easy to handle. It doesn't have a rubberized grip or anything fancy like that once you take the cap off. It shows the color of the marker which is convenient in case the cap falls off. You still know what color you are using.

Even though it is flat rather than round like other writing products, it is still comfortable to use. It holds in your hand with the width between your fingers for a stronger grip. I don't find it to be slippery in any way when I am writing with it.

The color of the Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink is great. It is a darker orange but stands out very well. On brown card board it is darker than usual but I believe it is because of the color of the card board. I use it on paper and it works great. You can't miss the color by any means.

I like that it has a clip on it that actually works. The clip works very well for me when I attach it to my shirt pocket even though it is only an inch and three-quarters long (1 3/4"). I also sometimes attach it to my pocket if I don't have a pocket on my shirt and it works okay there too. It is much better than other clips I have used with different markers, even other Sharpies.

Since I have had this particular Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink I am very impressed that it is still working just fine. The color hasn't lost its touch at all. I know some markers start to dry out and don't work as well over time. I believe one of the benefits is that the cap covers the tip very well. It is tightly closed without letting air get in.

The color does not bleed on paper in my experience. If it gets wet, the marker stays the same as when you initially made your work/sign. With other markers you may run into problems if for some reason it gets water on it. With the Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink you don't have to worry about it.

However, when using it on regular white paper/notebook paper, it will show up on the back side. You won't be able to flip it over and write on it. The colors will show through.

The cap stays on the top of the Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink very well. I had issues with other Sharpie Chisel Point Markers in the past with the cap. However with this one, I the cap stays on tightly and I haven't had any trouble losing it.

~My Negative Aspects of the Chisel Point Sharpie~

Over the long period of time, the Chisel Point isn't exactly that strong edge that it was when I first bought it. If has lost that bold and very wide line. It is still a thick line of marker compared to round markers that you would use, but the tip does change over time. The only part I see as a negative is when you are working with other Sharpie Chisel Point Markers that may not have been used as much. If I make a sign, the width of all the markers are not the same, since I use some more than others.

The other aspect that you have to take into consideration is that this is a "Permanent Marker." It doesn't come off of clothing very well should you stain it. It can also be a pain if you get it on your skin. If you have young children, I would suggest keeping the Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink away from their reach. They could get crazy with your wall, furniture and anything else that might come along.

It is a Catch-22 situation. You want the "Permanent Marker" so it doesn't come off, but you can very easily stain things as well if you make a mistake. I always use it very carefully and away from anything possible that it might come in contact with that I don't want it to. Just use with Caution.

~Overall Recommendations and Thoughts~

This isn't an expensive piece of office supply. It is simply a marker that has a wider line than others. It makes a strong edge when you use it but does lose its look over time. The Sanford Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker with Orange Ink will last a long time. I still have mine and have not run into any issues such as starting to dry out. It is comfortable to write with and you always know what color you are using. I really enjoy the Sharpie Marker line of products and I think they did well adding this one to it.

Thanks for Reading!

kparsons13 copyright2006

Sharpie 38250PP Chisel Tip Permanent Marker, 5.3mm, Assorted Colors, 8 Per Set Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Marker, Eight-Color Set Fast drying, water...
OfficeSuperSavers
Durable chisel point tip produces both broad and fine line widths. Unique anti-roll body design keeps marker in place. Quick-drying ink is waterproof,...
Shop for Paint at The Home Depot. Sharpie's Chisel Tip markers allow for both broad and fine line widths. Its unique anti-roll barrel design keeps the...
Home Depot

Chisel tip offers broad or narrow lines from the same marker 2 line widths from 1 pen. Write a thin, smooth line with the narrow edge, then turn the p...
Office Depot
Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Markers 8/Pkg-Assorted Colors
Tip allows for broad and fine lines. Assorted Sharpie Chisel Tip Permanent Markers. Permanent on most surfaces. Quick-drying, fade- and water-resistan...
SANFORD-Sharpie Chisel Tip Markers. Sharpies have been one of the most popular permanent markers ever made. These markers are known for quickly drying...
Untitled Document Untitled Document Sharpie Permanent Markers - Broad Chisel Point No.38250 8 Colors Versatile chisel tip, great for thick and thin li...
Chisel tip permanent marker with fast-drying, water-resistant ink writes on almost any surface.
THIS LISTING IS FOR ONE SET OF EIGHT SHARPIE BROAD CHISEL TIP MARKERS. IT INCLUDES BLACK, BLUE, LIGHT BLUE, GREEN, LIGHT GREEN, ORANGE, RED, AND PURPL...