Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker

It's Quesadilla Time! - The Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker!

Jan 23, 2001 (Updated May 24, 2009)

Pros:Makes great quesadillas that stay together, easy to use

Cons:Can be hard to storage, and a pain to clean

The Bottom Line: If you want cool looking, great tasting Quesadillas for your family, this is the product to buy!

Ole! Want professional looking Quesadillas? Want to impress family and friends with your culinary talents? Want a quick dinner, light lunch, tasty treat? This is by far my favorite appliance I own, and I stand before you as the world's worst cook.

I love Quesadillas! What are Quesa-who? Quesadillas are a soft tortilla shell filled with items like cheese, meats, and vegetables, and pressed into easily eaten triangles. I eat these often at restaurants such as Applebee's and Friendly's. I attempted to replicate them at home, a disaster. There is no real way at home to get the pieces to separate and seal into cute little triangles like they do in the restaurants. That is, until I found the Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker QM1TBR .

Sitting prominently in the "Home" section of Dillard's, I about fell on the floor when I saw this product! I did not even know it existed! The Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker comes in a square box, about the size of 4 shoeboxes put stacked 2 ontop of each other. It comes with a full set of directions, and recipe ideas. Read the directions carefully, while not difficult to master it still has some unique features to making it work the best. Many of the recipes seemed, to us, quite odd, and we were unwilling to try them at first (for example, Peanut Butter & Jelly Quesadillas- sound tucky but our kids loved them!). Our favorite way to make the Quesadillas is Chicken, Spinach, and Cheese Quesadillas. We just cook them up, cut them apart, fan them out, and add toppings like salsa and sour cream to our hearts' delight!

To use, the Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker is simply plugged into the wall. It looks like a round orb with 4 feet for a base. (again, see photo). There is a latch in the front, and when the top is lifted, inside is the impression of a circle with 6 separate triangles, laying in a circle fashion (kind of like the sections of spokes on a bike's wheel). There is a light on the top of the Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker to let you know when it is completely warmed up. We just plug it in and let it warm up while we are cooking the chicken, and it is always ready in time.

To make the Quesadillas you will need cheese (low-fat will work, but non-fat will not melt correctly - We use Shredded Mexican) and any other small items than can be cut very small. The secret in getting the Quesadillas to seal is in not overloading the tortilla. Items like small pieces of cooked chicken (we cook ours in a fajita sauce), small vegetables, work well. You will want to cook all of your items first, as the Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker simply melts the cheese and seals the tortilla shells.

How we make them is to take 1 flour tortilla (fajita tortilla size) on a plate, then add our cooked, seasoned chicken cut into small chunks, then spread on cooked pieces of shredded spinach (we just microwave it), sprinkle on all the shredded cheese we need, and then cover with another flour tortilla. This now completed tortilla is now placed onto the black indentation on the inside of the Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker and the lid closed on top of it (similar to a closed tanning bed). The lid is completely closed, and the latch on the front of the quesadilla maker has to click. Then the timer is set (for us 2 minutes, 20 seconds), and then you pull up on the latch to reveal a fully pressed quesadilla!

Once on your plate, the quesadilla will need a little help being cut apart over the indentations, and so I usually go over the lines lightly with a knife or pizza cutter, and then pull apart.

The Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker cools down well, and simply unplugs from the wall when finished. There is a lip over the edge of the bottom half of the maker, that serves as a resevior to all the extra cheese that might have squished out of it when pressed down. Once this product is cool, most cheese can just be scraped off, and the inside of the Quesadilla maker gone over with a soapy sponge. Since it has a cord you will not want to submerge it in water.

We owned the Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker for a total of 8 years now, when the closing latch finally stopped latching.  We had not a single problem with it otherwise, except our own errors in learning things like what sizes to cut the meat, too watery spinach, different types of cheese, too small tortillas, and a good time to let it cook. My only little problem with the Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker is that it is a bigger item to store in the kitchen, but it is worth finding room for.  Once mine stopped working I immediately started bothering my husband to purchase a new one.

Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker

Bake favorite quesadilla recipes right at home in four to five minutes with this easy-to-use quesadilla maker. The 900-watt unit accommodates 10-inch ...
Bella Quesadilla Maker, Red

Bella Quesadilla Maker, Red

The BELLA Quesadilla Maker can make an 8 quesadilla in minutes. The quesadilla maker is easy to use thanks to its securing lock for safety and the rea...

Quesadilla Maker , Multi

Quesadilla Maker , Multi

Quesadilla maker makes full size multi-segment quesadillas. Non-stick cooking surface. Perfect for healthy snacks and meals.
Boscovs.com