Sassy Deluxe 2in1 Back Positioner Reviews

Sassy Deluxe 2in1 Back Positioner

Sassy Deluxe 2 in 1 Vented Back Sleeper

Jul 14, 2010 (Updated Jul 14, 2010)

Pros:adjustable; washable; vented bumpers; helps keep baby positioned

Cons:only 1 bumper is removable/re-positionable

The Bottom Line: An economical positioner for baby.

Prior to the birth of our second daughter I purchased the Sassy 2 in 1 Vented Back Sleeper.  We had used a similar product with our first child so I knew, or at least thought I wanted another sleep positioner for our second child.   I had looked at positioners in Babies R Us and had even registered for one.  But I ended up purchasing the Sassy 2 in 1 Vented Back Sleeper from Target.

The Sassy 2 in 1 Vented Back Sleeper
This positioning device is designed to support, position, and comfort (baby) while sleeping.  According to the package the positioner adjusts to grow with baby for a snug fit and extended use

The positioner measures approximately 12 in. x 12 in.  The body of the positioner is a polyester fiber quilted design.  While both bumpers are polyurethane foam covered in the polyester fabric.

The positioners curved bumpers are designed to match baby's natural shape and longer bumpers fully support baby.  The bumpers are also vented which help prevent overheating.

The positioner "grows with baby" simply by changing the width of the positioner.  The right bumper is removable and/or adjustable as it merely velcros to the flat part of the positioner.  However the left bumper can not be removed or adjusted.

The positioner also has a "turn head" tab featuring a blue lamb.  This tab is supposed to help mom, dad, or caregiver remember to turn baby's head to help reduce the risk of flat head syndrome.

The positioner is machine washable in cold water and must be drip dried.

Experience
As I mentioned above we used a back positioner with our first child.  She had terrible reflux and spit up often so we frequently positioned her on her side during naps using the bumpers which helped to keep properly positioned.

We used the Sassy 2 in 1 Vented Back Sleeper with our new baby for only a short period of time.  I liked the turn head feature especially during those groggy middle of the night feedings; when I returned our baby to her bed I made sure to turn her little head in the opposite direction and the tab helped remind me of which position her head needed to be in.  We did occasionally position her on her side to sleep and the bumper(s) came in handy to help keep her on her side as well.

As I said we only used the positioner for a short time; our baby had to be placed in a hip harness and due to the width and position of her legs/hips we had to discontinue use of the Sassy 2 in 1 Vented Back Sleeper.

Final Thoughts
I appreciate the design of the Sassy 2 in 1 Vented Back Sleeper.  I like the "turn head" tab and the adjustability of one bumper.  I wouldn't say the positioner helped to ‘comfort' my baby; maybe the snugness of the bumpers helped make her feel a little more secure though.

As for cleaning: following a messy diaper blowout I had no choice but to wash the positioner.  I followed the instructions and the back sleeper washed just fine.  The only downfall is that it does take a while to dry completely but aside from that it held up fine.

For the most part I'd say this is one of those items I could have lived without.  I suppose a tightly rolled up blanket could suffice to keep baby properly positioned too.  Besides, once baby starts moving around during sleep the positioner is no longer recommended.  The point in the back sleeper is to keep baby positioned on his/her back, but I've yet to meet a newborn that can flip over or reposition his/herself in bed during sleep.

If you're looking for an economical back positioner for baby then I'd recommend the Sassy Vented Back Sleeper; I paid around $10.99 at Target.

Sassy also makes an inclined back sleeper designed which is priced a little more than the standard flat version.

As a note the Sassy Vented Back Sleeper is not recommended for use on infants under 6 pounds and the positioner should be discontinued once baby starts moving around during sleep.

Thank you for reading my review of the Sassy Vented Back Sleeper.

Comfort & Harmony Deluxe Pillow & Infant Positioner

Comfort & Harmony Deluxe Pillow & Infant Positioner

NEW Comfort Harmony Deluxe Pillow Infant Positioner 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE $45....

Comfort Harmony mombo Deluxe Nursing Pillow Infant Positioner Lion King

Comfort Harmony mombo Deluxe Nursing Pillow Infant Positioner Lion King

Be pillow pals with Simba The mombo nursing pillow meets the sweetness of Disney with soft, plush fabric and adorable Lion Kinginspired fashion are pe...
Toys R Us

Prenatal / Baby Safe Positioner Nap / Sleep Wedge Pillow - Free Shipping

Prenatal / Baby Safe Positioner Nap / Sleep Wedge Pillow - Free Shipping

NEW! Prenatal / Baby Safe Positioner Nap / Sleep Wedge Pillow - FREE SHIPPING! Item Condition Brand new, factory sealed Product Features Pregnancy sle...

Sassy Guitar

Sassy Guitar

The Sassy Guitar can inspire your little rock star to play and learn more about the world around him. Its bold colors and black and white pattern can ...

Baby Infant Newborn Sleep Positioner/prevent Flat Head Shape Pillow/safe Support

Brand New Baby Infant Newborn Sleep Positioner \Keep your baby safe and comfortable throughout the night using the adjustable sleep positioner providi...

Sassy Suds N Sun Visor 2 Pack Girl

Sassy Suds N Sun Visor 2 Pack Girl

The Sassy Suds N Sun Visor 2 Pack helps protect your baby's eyes from soap, suds, water and sun The Sassy unique soft shield is comfortable for your l...
Toys R Us

US SELLER FAST SHIPPING GREAT PRICE SHIPPING IN SAME ORDER DAY Baby Sleep Positioner Keep your baby safe and comfortable throughout the night using th...

Snuggin Go Infant Positioner Light Pink

Snuggin Go Infant Positioner Light Pink

Geffen - Best deals on eBay NEW Snuggin Go Infant Positioner Light Pink - Brand New items.- Our standard shipping is free!!! - Great customer care - T...