Schylling Sock Monkey Jack- - -Box Reviews

Schylling Sock Monkey Jack- - -Box

a wonderful surprise that they like such a simple idea

Nov 23, 2009

Pros:Cute, light to carry, fun for all.

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: This is a great toy for your toddler.

Its a jack in the box that plays "pop goes the weasal" as fast or as slow, depending on the speed that you turn the crank on the side.

The box measurements are 6.5 x 5.8 x 5.8  and is very light weight as it is made of tin. There are pictures of the sock monkey on each side of the box withe the words sock monkey. The crank is a metal rod that has a wooden knob. The sock monkey is about the size of you palm and is a replica to the sock monkeys your mom or grandma use to make. This is very good quality for the price.

The recommended age is 18+ months to 4 years old. Anyone younger might be startled by the popping monkey. My two year old gives me the funny faces when the monkey pops out and is over joyed when at the right time in the song "pop goes the weasel" the monkey pops out. My three year old son takes it as a challenge to see how fast he can fully get the monkey back in the box and back out again.

We have had this toy for over a week now and it is played with daily.
The challenge now is for the kids to get the monkey completely in the box so that the lid closes tightly. That way, when they turn the crank their song begins and they anticiapate the monkey poppin back out. I was worried about my 2 year old getting her fingers stuck in the lid, but does not have enough pressure to actually pitch or catch their finger.

There are no small parts, comes assembled, and no batteries needed.

Type of Toy: Puppet
Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

Sock Monkey Jack In The Box Tin Metal Box Schylling Space Classic Kids Toy Sock Monkey in the Box by Schylling Description:Our classic jack in the box...

Sock Monkey Jack-in-The-Box is a great addition to every child's toy chest. It is sure to bring a smile to every child's face. The tin box is a little...