The Scotts Company 39180 (032247391801) Reviews

The Scotts Company 39180 (032247391801)

Scotts Step 1 Crabgrass Preventer Plus Lawn Fertilizer,...Keeps your lawn looking green and mean !!!

May 13, 2011

Pros:Kills that nasty crabgrass in 72 hours.

Cons:Always wear protective gear when spreading chemicals.

The Bottom Line: Apply 24 to 48 hours before a slow rain so it will seap into the soil slow to kill the roots.

Don't you just hate it when your lawn is looking really nice and that neighbor of yours does nothing with his/her grass and their weeds and crabgrass just fly over to your lawn. Well Scotts Step One Crabgrass Preventer is your way out. In Frederick Md. I apply it on lawns here between March and the ed of May. It has such a high Nitrogen base at 32-8-10, it makes your lawn hearty and thick fast. With the perfect Spring were having here on the East Coast, if you blink your eyes it's time to cut that grass again. The end number 10 also helps with the soil and the Potash goes to the root system to make them healthy and strong.

The 14 pound bag provides 5,000 square feet of coverage and a half acre property will take at least  4 bags. I keep my lines tight as I go up and down the lawns so if I over spread a little on each side, it's a lot better than missing a area. This crabgrass preventer stops the weedy grasses from maturing and spreading through your lawn and choking away your good grass to death. It also works on chickweed and barnyard grass. Your lawn needs just as much protection to immunize it from seeds that come from these grassy plants. They say that dandelion seed can travel miles with the right amount of wind.

When you begin spreading set your hopper on number 3 or 4 depending on how fast you walk. The granules lay on top of the premature crabgrass and it slowly dissolves into the plant and goes straight for the root system. Depending on how well your lawn is established like mine, I tend to mix some in when I'm putting my last application in late October, this keeps your lawn looking healthy in the Winter. It's always good to keep rubber mallet hammer to break up the chunks.

Overall, just like our computers and health we take care of us the best we can, so why not our lawns. Keeping a healthy thick lawn keeps it protected from weeds, diseases and other things we can't control. Scotts Crabgrass Preventer is a great start to keeping your lawn looking great. Precautions, this fertilizer is a little dusty so go slow when emptying the bags in your spreader hopper.

Thanks for reading !!!

Crabgrass Control Scotts 5m Step 1 Crabgrass Preventer W/ Fertilizer 14 Pounds Provides 5,000 sq. ft. of coverage Apply to lawn in early spring Provid...