Seacret Nail Care Collection Kit

Seacret Nail Care Collection Kit is the Best Kept Seacret!

Jan 9, 2012 (Updated Jan 9, 2012)

Pros:Excellent products
Superior Nail Buffing Block

Cons:Expensive at mall kiosks

The Bottom Line: Superior products, although expensive.  The buffing block makes your nails sparkle and no one would know your nails weren't polished!

I could swear the Seacrets sales staff either have x-ray vision or ESP.  Every time I walk by a Seacret’s Kiosk at the mall during the Holiday season, they immediately call me out.

The first time I even heard of the company, Seacret, I was shopping at our local mall with my granddaughter.  One of the Seacret sales staff members instinctively knew I was not wearing nail polish.  I very rarely wear polish due to my chemical sensitivity.

The sales person asked if she could perform a demonstration on one of my nails so I could see how the Seacret nail buffer could make my nails shine as if I were wearing polish.  I agreed and she began to buff my thumb nail into a hard, shiny finish.  I was amazed and fell hook, line, and sinker into the world of Seacret which the sales reps count on.

As I was purchasing the Seacret Nail Collection Kit which consists of the nail buffer, nail file, cuticle oil, and Seacret dead sea body lotion, my granddaughter began begging for a kit for herself.  The sales rep was listening to our conversation when I kept telling my granddaughter there was no way I was purchasing two kits, and she made me a deal I couldn’t refuse if I did indeed purchase two kits.  So, we each walked out of the mall with the Secret Nail Care CollectionKits!

Description:

The Seacret Nail Care Collection Kit consists of a nail buffer block, a nail file, cuticle oil, and body lotion.

Nail Buffing Block:

This item is the best thing I have ever purchased next to sliced bread!  I rarely wear nail polish and this buffing block gives my nails a hard, sparkling shine which can last for approximately three weeks.

The block measures 3 ½” x1 ½” x 1 ¼”.  It has four sides, although you will only use three sides at a time.  There are three steps to shine your nails:

Step 1 – Use the blue, coarse side of the block and rub back and forth across the nail.

Step 2 – Use the gray, softer side in the same manner as Step 1.

Step 3 – Use the white side and rub back and forth quickly across the nail to achieve a beautiful, long lasting shine.

(I use the white buffer a couple of times per week to maintain the shine.)

Cuticle Oil:

The cuticle oil consists of several oils including sweet almond oil, sesame oil, grape seed oil and a few others.  The blue tinged oil comes in a 1 oz. clear plastic, rounded bottle that measures 4 ¼” including the silver twist off cap.  The oil is to be massaged on and around the cuticle until fully absorbed.  It has no fragrance, nor even a faint scent, which I appreciate.

Body Lotion:

This is one item I didn’t care to have included in the Nail Care Collection Kit due to the fragrance.

The body lotion is available in the following fragrances:  Wild Kiwi, Ocean Mist, Milk & Honey, Pomegranate, Pure, Cucumber & Melon.  I believe the fragrance that came with my kit was the Cucumber & Melon.

The body lotion is a hydrating balm consisting of Dead Sea minerals and natural ingredients.  It is a creamy consistency.  It absorbs well leaving the skin and hands silky soft.  If it only came in an unscented version, I would be ecstatic, for it is an excellent lotion.  After using the lotion only one time, the scent bothered me so much that I disappointedly gave the lotion to my friend.

Nail File:

The included black file is like any other file with a medium coarsness.

My Experience:

I was very pleased with the nail buffer block and how it made my nails sparkle.  I do use the cuticle oil but not as often as recommended.  However, I am very glad it has no fragrance whatsoever. I imagine it would soften my cuticles more if used weekly as suggested.  It is very oily, so I prefer to massage Vaseline into my cuticles at bedtime and I believe the results would be pretty much the same.

I use the nail file off and on, but I have others I prefer.

I used the body lotion only once and gave it to a friend due to the fragrance.

At one time, I tried to purchase an additional nail buffing block from a Seacret kiosk, and the price was nearly as much as purchasing the entire kit.  However, I was given four additional buffers, free of charge, to attach to my buffing block when the originals had worn out.  They are easy to replace, for they have tape on the backs of each and all I had to do was re-tape the new buffers over the old.

My Take:

I recommend purchasing Seacret products either on the manufacturer’s website (seacretspa.com) instead of a kiosk at the mall, for the manufacturer runs specials from time to time.  There are also other sites that offer Seacret products at reduced prices.

I will rate the Seacret Nail Care Collection Kit as four stars.  Even though the products are excellent, they are overpriced, especially at kiosks in the malls.

Thank you for reading my review.

Seacret-nail Care Collection Kit

Seacret-nail Care Collection Kit

SEACRET-MINERALS FROM THE DEAD SEA NAIL CARE KIT/ BRAND NEW-NEVER USE Seacret Dead Sea products presents a special, easy way to care for your nails, i...

Seacret Nail Care Collection Kit Includes Body Lotion(ocean) Cuticle Oil Buffing

- Brand NEW items - FREE standard shipping - Easy returns NEW Seacret Nail Care Collection Kit Includes Body Lotion(Ocean) Cuticle Oil Buffing Block a...

Seacret Nail Care Collection Pure Scent Kit Includes Body Lotion,cuticle Oil,buf

Package damaged in shipping. Sold as pictured. Body Lotion Pure Nail Buffer Block Cuticle Oil Dead Sea Vitamins and Minerals ne478-box2-52 PAYMENT: We...

YAYA Store NEW Seacret Nail Care Collection Kit Includes Body Lotion(Ocean) Cuticle Oil Buffing Block and Nail File $$$ $74.70 $100.95 $ $$$ Item Desc...

Seacret Nail Care Collection

Seacret Nail Care Collection

MY ESTATE NEVER USED SEACRET MINERALS FROM THE SEA NAIL CARE COLLECTION AS SHOWN.BUYER PAYS $12.50 SHIPPING.

Seacret Nail Care Collection Milk & Honey

Seacret Nail Care Collection Milk & Honey

The Seacret Nail Care Set Special all-natural way to care for your nails which including a custom-designed buffing block, nail file, nourishing cuticl...

Seacret Nail Care Collection Wild Kiwi Lotion

Seacret Nail Care Collection Wild Kiwi Lotion

You are purchasing Seacret Nail Care Collection WILD KIWI Lotion. Everything is new in box except the buffer block. It has been used a few times but t...

Seacret Nail Care Collection- Body Lotion, Cuticle Oil, Buffing Block, Nail F

Seacret Nail Care Collection- Body Lotion, Cuticle Oil, Buffing Block, Nail F

SEACRET DEAD SEA 4pc Nail Kit Care Milk Honey scent(not in the case ) BRAND: SEACRET TYPE: NAIL CARE PRODUCT: Nail Kit SCENT:Milk honey CONDITION: BRA...

Seacret Nail Care Collection Ocean Scednt In Box

Seacret Nail Care Collection Ocean Scednt In Box

You are looking at a BRAND NEW Seacret Nail Care Collection in the Ocean scent. Concerned about the way your nails look and feel? Tired of using unnat...