Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" (ST3120026A) Hard Drive Reviews

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" (ST3120026A) Hard Drive

Free Shipping Server Supply

A Straight Forward Review

Sep 19, 2006

Pros:120GB drive for under $100, quick and easy install, decent access time.

Cons:None for what I use it for...(mp3 storage and gaming)

The Bottom Line: If you're on a budget and you're looking for some more storage that won't be painful to install, this is a great deal.

I picked this device up at Best Buy for $47...a bit under the price listed here. The follwing review is quite straight forward, nothing incredibly technical here.

The installation of this device was a snap. (Although one minor irritant that may affect the eager user is that you've got to put the accompanying disc in your CD-ROM drive first before doing ANYTHING)

If you've ever had the case off of your machine and you can manuever pretty well with a screwdriver (non magnetic!) you can install this device(primarily at your own risk...I'm not looking to provide installation instructions, just my own experiences.)The required experience level here is lower intermediate in my opinion.

Once I installed the device physically and connected the IDE cables I turned the machine back on, Windows loaded the CD that came with the drive and pretty much completed the rest. There may be groans but I was using an Emachines W626.

The performance of the drive as I have it configured (as the slave disk) is adequate. It is fast enough to install performance heavy programs (example in my case, Call of Duty) and run without any agonizing access/load times.

NOTE: The machine I am using has 512MB of RAM and integrated video...I do not know how the drive would perform on something with less RAM...

What I love is that it is a relatively large capacity drive that I managed to get installed in 7 minutes (I am a Computer Science major, so this sort of thing is like adding paper to a printer); great for anyone needing extra storage.

SEAGATE - BARRACUDA 120GB 7200 RPM IDE/EIDE ULTRADMA 100 HARD DISK DRIVE. 3.5 INCH LOW PROFILE (1.0 INCH) (ST3120026A). . IN STOCK.
Server Supply