Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB,External,5000 RPM (STAA1000101) Hard Drive Reviews

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB,External,5000 RPM (STAA1000101) Hard Drive

Best Litte Harddrive Yet

Jan 26, 2012
Rated Show

Pros:Reliable, inexpensive, small in size while being big in storage space

Cons:Messy Permissions when formatted for bothe PC and MAC

This harddrive is small to carry around, but a full terabyte! When we first bought it, we formatted it to be able to be used on both PCs and Macs. That worked for a while, but then when we upgraded our MAC to Lion, the harddrive began having permission issues -- it could only be ready on computers other than our Lion Mac. I'm not sure if the permissions issues were the fault of the drive or the computers we used it on. I had a techie friend look at it and he cleared up the permissions issues using a PC, but since we hardly ever used it on a PC we decided to re-format it for MAC only. Since then we've had no problems. We run Aperture and iTunes off this harddrive. After our last WD Passport Harddrive crashed and lost all our data, it's been a relief to have a harddrive that is reliable. (We still back it up, though -- we learned our lesson)

USB 3.0 plug-and-play drive Easy-to-use preloaded backup and encryption software Upgradable to FireWire 800 or eSATA Access content over the network a...