Seagate Expansion 2 TB,External,7200 RPM (ST320005EXA101-RK) Hard Drive Reviews

Seagate Expansion 2 TB,External,7200 RPM (ST320005EXA101-RK) Hard Drive

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Seagate 2TB External at Amazon

Oct 25, 2010

Pros:Fast and so far reliable, great addition to my 12TB storage I already have.

Cons:Lies flat, not stackable. Thicker pads needed to add height and maybe make it stackable.

The Bottom Line: Worth the price and the price is at least $10 below the local stores around here.  Because it is over $25 it is free shipping.  Great deal.

I just purchased the Seagate 2TB Expansion Drive at Amazon.

It was $10 less than I paid at a local Office Depot.  It is scheduled to arrive within 5-8 days.  No shipping charge because I choose the Free Shipping from Amazon.  They have more, not sure if they will last long or be gone, but I want to get maybe another 2 of them from Amazon.

I am using one of these as I type.  Have had this one since 10/05/10, and it works great.  Plenty of room on it for all types of files, text, video, etc.  Easy setup of course, just plug it in and use it.

I am very glad that Amazon had this drive.  I have 14TB of storage in my office and this makes a great addition to my network.  So far there has been no issues with it as I have had with "cheap" drives(cheap as in quality). I plan on buying two more from amazon soon.

This drive according to the local Office Depot is not available now and they cannot get it, that's okay because they were higher in price than Amazon. Not sure how many drives Amazon has but they have it listed on there website as In Stock.

I will be all set once the new USB 3.0 drives from Seagate hit the streets.  Seagate has a 500GB USB 3.0 available but I want it in at least a 1TB drive.  Seagate drives rock!

2 TB, USB 2.0, 5900 RPM Performance Plug n? play ? no software to install Simply drag-and-drop to save files Built-in power management ensures energy ...