Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer (00911818000P) Reviews

Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer

May 6, 2010

Pros:Pretty good for small jobs.

Cons:Not a workhorse.

The Bottom Line: Great for small jobs.  Nice gift for the man in the house if the wife doesn't take it.

For Christmas 2009, my husband received a very nice gift from our daughter and son-in-law, it's the Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer. It came with everything that you need to get started and to store.

When you open the box you find the nail hammer, two lithium ion batteries, charger, directions, nail remover, and a nice black case to store everything in.
When we brought it home I was anxious to use this auto hammer. It was something that I have been looking for because I have a hard time with hammers, like hitting my finger, dropping it on my foot, missing the nail entirely and hitting the wood and making a huge dent that has to be repaired.

The Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer measures 8 inches long. The hammer head measures 4 ½ inches.
When you pick up the hammer if feels comfortable in the hand. Not so big around that you can't grip, plus it has a cushioned grip which helps it to retain its comfort.

Once the batteries are charged, which should only take about 30 minutes. Align the raised portion that is on the battery pack with the groves in the bottom of the hammerhead. Then attach. You should hear a little click. This is now the bottom of the hammerhead.

To turn the hammerhead on, just squeeze the trigger and to turn it off, release the trigger. There is an LED light and it comes on when the tool is engaged and turns off when its not. When the Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer an overload the LED light starts flashing.

When time comes to use the Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer make sure that you have whatever you are working on is fastened with clamps so that it doesn't move around when you start using the tool.

The recommended nails are Bright common size d, Bright finish size 6d, Bright finish size 4d, coated sinker 4d, Electro Galvanized roofing 4d, Ht tipped galvanized finish 10d, Tempered hard trim 6d.
The nails that I have been using the most of are the Bright finish 6 d, ¼ inch head by 2 inches in length.

Now that I know what I'm looking for at the home improvement store, I can go right to the nails that I need.

Now insert head of the nail of choice into the magnetic end. Grasp the nail and pull the trigger switch until the nail stands on its own. Get your fingers out of the way and continue hammering until nail is in the object you are nailing. The magnet head sleeve will automatically slide back so that you can sink the nail flat and not have most of it hanging out. You don't have to finish with a standard hammer unless you are counter sinking. If necessary, there is a nail remover that comes separately from the nail gun.

The first couple of times I used the Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer I did practice runs until I was comfortable with how it handled and figured out what to expect. I used needle nose pliers to hold the nail until it stood on its own. After I was comfortable with how the hammerhead worked I was able to move on using my fingers.

I managed to get some crown molding installed in a room. I used blue painters tape so that I could drive a nail or two into the wood. The tape doesn't hold well so you have to be quick or it will move and possibly crack.

The Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer is a little loud especially if you are in a small empty space. I always wear earplugs and safety glasses just in case something goes wrong.

The directions say that if the Auto-Hammer doesn't work you either need to charge the battery or let it cool off. I have had to charge the battery, but I'm not fast enough for the gun to get hot.

The Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer is very handy to have around especially if you have to drive a nail in the corner. It fits where your hammer doesn't.

The Sears Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer is a pretty good cordless tool, but don't think it will take the place of a brad nailer. This is good for small projects or projects where you use a brad nailer but need that little extra help.

Craftsman 12 Volt Nextec Compact Lithium-Ion battery

Craftsman 12 Volt Nextec Compact Lithium-Ion battery

Get High Performance from Your Nextec Tools with the 12 Volt Compact Battery from Craftsman The Craftsman Nextec Compact Lithium-Ion battery is lightw...

Craftsman Nextec 12 Volt Lithium Ion Right Angle Impact Driver - - Complete

Craftsman Nextec 12 Volt Lithium Ion Right Angle Impact Driver - - Complete

Craftsman New Lithium-Ion Right Angle Impact Driver # 917562 Nextec 12 volt Lithium-Ion Compact Right Angle Design For Work In Tight Places - Advanced...

Craftsman Nextec 12.0 Volt Right Angle Impact Driver Lithium-ion Cordless -new

Craftsman Nextec 12.0 Volt Right Angle Impact Driver Lithium-Ion Cordless NEXTEC 12.0 Volt Right Angle Impact Driver Compact and powerful, the right a...

Craftsman C3 Battery Pack 19.2-volt Lithium-ion Compact Model Pp2011

Craftsman C3 Battery Pack 19.2-volt Lithium-ion Compact Model Pp2011

1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW CRAFTSMAN C3 BATTERY PACK 19.2-Volt Lithium-Ion Comp...

Craftsman Nextec 11812 12 Volt Lithium-ion 3/8-inch Reversible Drill/driver

Craftsman Nextec 11812 12 Volt Lithium-ion 3/8-inch Reversible Drill/driver

Powered by a 12.0 volt Lithium-Ion battery, the Craftsman 32010003 drill delivers an excellent drilling performance. The variable speed switch of this...

Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC 12.0V Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver 3/8 in.

Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC 12.0V Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver 3/8 in.

Improve and Enhance Your Work Performance and Productivity With the 12.0v Drill/Driver from Craftsman The Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver offers 1...

Craftsman Nextec 12 V Lithium-ion Cordless Reversible Drill/drivers 11812

Craftsman Nextec 12 V Lithium-ion Cordless Reversible Drill/drivers 11812

Craftsman Nextec 12.0 Volt Right Angle Impact Driver Lithium-ion Cordless -new

BRAND NEW CRAFTSMAN NEXTEC RIGHT ANGLE DRILL. FREE SHIPPING!

Craftsman Nextec 12v Battery Charger 30min Quick Boost Lithium Ion W/ Led Colors

Up to sell is Brand NEW Craftsman Nextec 12V Battery Charger 30min Quick Boost Lithium Ion w/ LED Colors .You will receive exactly what you see in pic...

Craftsman Compact Lithium-ion Nextec Multi-tool 930566 30566

Craftsman Compact Lithium-ion Nextec Multi-tool 930566 30566

Craftsman Compact Lithium-Ion Nextec Multi-Tool 930566 30566 Features Includes NEXTEC QuickBoost Charger 2.8 degree Oscillating Angle Quick-Release To...