Margaritaville DM0500 Blender Reviews

Margaritaville DM0500 Blender

MARGARITAVILLE DM0500 BLENDER~~ Let's Party!

May 9, 2008

Pros:easy to use, makes fantastic drinks of all kinds

Cons:expensive

The Bottom Line: The Margaritaville makes such great tasting drinks. It is the life of any party or great for everyday use.

The Margaritaville DM0500 Blender was the center of a party that I recently attended. I had seen them in stores, but the cost was more than I was willing to pay for such a product. However, after using it myself, and drinking the yummy drinks, I have changed my mind. It is now on my wish list.

Features
450-watt frozen-concoction maker
Dual motors for shaving ice and blending beverages; ice reservoir
Manual shave/blend option
dishwasher-safe parts
36 ounces glass pitcher
Shot glass, recipes, instructions, 4 coasters, and salt tray included
Measures approximately 14-2/5 by 8-2/7 by 18 inches

The Margaritaville is so easy to use. When I first saw it, I imagined that it would be difficult to figure out, but I was pleasantly surprised.

It was sitting on a large table with glasses and ingredients sitting all around it. Everyone gathered around and placed their "orders".

First, you place the ice in the top of the machine. It holds enough ice to fill up one pitcher-full of drinks. Next, you put your ingredients into the glass pitcher. Then turn it on. It has an automatic setting that creates the perfect drink in my opinion. The top motor system shaves the ice and sends it down the shoot into the pitcher. The other motor blends the ingredients in the pitcher. Once the shaved ice hits the pitcher, it is all blended together. Once the ice is gone in the top, the unit shuts off and you are able to serve the drinks.

There is an optional manual shaver for those that want extra ice or it blended a little longer. I prefer the automatic setting because I like it to do all the work. There is also a reservoir that catches the melting ice before it ever hits the shaver so that the drinks will not be watered down.

A complete instruction book comes with the unit. It includes several recipes as well.

The Margaritaville isn't just for margaritas and other alcoholic drinks. It makes wonderful smoothies and slushie-type drinks for the kids. It is an all-purpose machine. It is really perfect for parties and entertaining. It is so much fun to use. Creating new and different drinks makes it fun for everyone. Your imagination is the only limit to this frozen concoction maker.

The glass pitcher and lid are dishwasher safe, but it cleans so easily in the sink that we were constantly washing it to re-use.

One shot glass and a salt tray are included too. The shot glass makes a nice measuring tool for adding liquids to the pitcher. The salt tray adds that special something to the glasses of margaritas.

I have priced this machine at around $200 at various stores. The price is a bit much, but if you are a frequent party host or make a lot of frozen drinks, I believe this machine is worth it.

I think it is quite stylish myself and would leave it on my counter for use anytime I wanted. However, it could be put into a cabinet as well. It doesn't take up much more room than an average blender or coffee maker. The unit is mostly white. The pitcher has green accents.

If I don't get one soon, I will be borrowing it for birthday parties this summer. Imagine how much fun that will be for a bunch of little girls helping to make their own frosty drinks!

Thanks for reading!

Margarita Frozen Slush Mixed Drink Maker Blender Condition: New in box 450-watt frozen-concoction maker blends up to 36 ounces Dual motors for shaving...