Margaritaville DM0500 Blender Reviews

Margaritaville DM0500 Blender

Want a Great Margarita? - Margaritaville DM500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender

Aug 19, 2010

Pros:easy to use, easy to clean, makes a great margarita

Cons:price

The Bottom Line: If you can get over the price, I would recommend the Margaritaville DM0500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender

One thing we like to do after my son races is to have a few drinks with friends. A bunch of us hang out at the track afterwards relaxing, talking and partaking in some adult beverages. I purchased the Margaritaville DM0500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender so I could make some drinks to share with others. I also enjoy using the Frozen Concoction Maker by the pool during the summer months. I like sipping on a margarita while watching my children splash in the pool.

Out of the box the Margaritaville DM0500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender comes with a manual, shot glass, recipes, four coasters, salt tray and frozen concoction maker. The frozen concoction maker consists of an ice reservoir lid, ice reservoir, shaving paddle, ice hopper, ice shaving blade with deflector and nut, ice chute, glass blending base, control panel on the base, jar lid, 36 ounce glass blending jar, blending blade ring, blending blade, jar base, ice melt reservoir and cord storage door. The control panel has the on/off button, the power indicator light, shave n blend start button, status indicator light and blend/shave toggle switch. The status indicator light will be solid green when it is ready to be used. If it is pulsing green the automatic or manual mode is engaged and the fast blinking red lights means it is fault mode and there is a problem.

The Margaritaville DM0500 measures 14 x 8 x 18. So it doesn’t take up much more room than a regular blender. I store mine on top of my refrigerator at home.

The Margaritaville DM0500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender is easy to use. Release the tab on the cord storage door and remove the power cord and plug the unit into the wall.  Place the ice reservoir without the lid on the unit and lock in place. Fill the ice reservoir with ice cubes and place the lid on the unit. Add ingredients to the blending jar and place it on the base. Push the on/off button to turn it on. Start the shave and blend cycle by pushing the button. The blender will cycle through the process, making the perfect margarita. When the indicator light is solid green your drink is complete. You need to remove the blender, pour in a glass and enjoy. If you prefer, you can use the manual cycle to make your drink thick or thinner.

Clean up is easy. I just wash everything in warm soapy water except the base unit. The base unit can be wiped down with a damp cloth. The blender jar and lid are dishwasher safe but I usually wash everything in the sink.

The Margaritaville DM0500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender comes with a one year limited warranty that I did not have to use.

I purchased the Margaritaville DM0500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender at BJ’s for $199.99. Yes I did think that was expensive but I do think it is worth it. It has lasted and has made my friends and me hundreds of drinks without complaining or expecting a tip.

The Margaritaville DM0500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender isn’t just for margaritas but you can use it for any alcoholic drink, smoothies and slushy drinks. We have only used it for alcoholic drinks. The Frozen Concoction Maker makes better margaritas then my blender does.

We have used the Frozen Concoction Maker many times at the race track and at our home. Nothing beats a margarita by the pool at night.

My husband has no idea what I spend on the Frozen Concoction Maker as he would think it was way too much money. So if you can get over the price, I would recommend the Margaritaville DM0500 Frozen Concoction Maker Blender.

Perfect for entertaining, the Margaritaville DM0500 makes preparing frozen drinks a fun and easy experience. Far more sophisticated than the average b...