Select Comfort Elite Mattress Reviews

Select Comfort Elite Mattress

I loved my air mattress until I got an air leak.

Mar 31, 2002 (Updated Apr 14, 2002)

Pros:Firmness can be adjusted at the touch of a button.

Cons:Warranty is pro-rated. Air leaks can leave you with a flat mattress.

The Bottom Line: I do like the mattress (when it holds air). I am concerned about future air leaks.

I admit that I loved this air mattress when it holds air. When it sprung a leak things got frustrating.

This mattress has an air hose and 2 wires connected to the air pump (electric power wire and control wire). While moving the mattress a few years ago, I bumped the air hose connection and it broke off the air pump and I got to listen to all the air leak out while I frantically searched for the plug that came with the mattress to plug the air hose to stop the leak. The mattress went flat before I could find the air hose plugs. I had to sleep on the couch for three nights until a "rebuilt" air pump could be sent to me.

A few weeks ago my mattress started going flat at night. I pump up the mattress at night, and in the morning it is flat. I put the plugs in the air hose at night and that seemed to help the mattress to hold air, so I called Select Comfort to report my leaking air pump.

The Select Comfort warranty is a "pro rated" warranty. A replacement air pump costs $180, I had to pay $95 (plus shipping) for another air pump. This pump was also a "REFURBISHED" pump. They did not tell me that I was getting a rebuilt air pump, I was expecting a NEW pump. If I am paying over $100 for a pump, I am expecting a new pump, not a refurbished one.

When I questioned Select Comfort on this, their reply was: "Our warranty does say that we reserve the right to substitute products or components of equal or better quality, and to use or deliver refurbished products or components, in the repair or replacement of any product under the limited warranty."

I hooked up the replacement pump, and my bed STILL leaks air. I think this refurbished air pump is leaking, Select Comfort thinks my air chamber is leaking and wants me to pay $85 for a new air chamber.

At this point I have decided to trash this air mattress and buy a new mattress with springs. I contact Select Comfort to return this refurbished air pump that they sent me last week. They REFUSE to refund my money for the refurbished air pump that I bought.

They say that "We are not able to refund the amount that you paid for the replacement pump because the warranty claim that you made at that time stated that you needed a pump. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us."

I then sent Select Comfort an email with a link to this web site and this message that I am sharing with the world about my problems with their air bed. Their reply was: "Since you are so unhappy with the fact that we cannot refund your money for the pump you determined that you needed, we are willing to ship you a refurbished Full Air Chamber at no cost. It will arrive within the next 10
business days at the new shipping address you provided. We do hope that this is truly the source of the air loss and that you will soon be sleeping well again."

I received the new air chamber at no cost, and finally my mattress is holding air again. I have no idea why the air pump and air chamber both started leaking within a few weeks of each other. Hopefully I will not have any more problems for years to come. If I do, I will go back to a mattress with springs.

Serta Elite Mattress Encasement Twin Extra Long Size Serta Elite Mattress Encasement

Serta Elite Mattress EncasementTwin Extra Long SizeBrand NewIncludes 10 Year WarrantyThe Elite Mattress Encasement is a mattress protector that encase...
Full Restonic Comfort Care Select Amherst Plush Mattress Set

Full Restonic Comfort Care Select Amherst Plush Mattress Set

The Restonic Comfort Care Select Amherst Plush Mattress comes in Cal King, King, Queen, Full, Twin XL, and Twin mattress sizes.
US - Mattress

Serta Elite Mattress Protector King Size Serta Elite Mattress Protector

Serta Elite Mattress Protector King Size Serta Elite Mattress Protector

Serta Elite Mattress ProtectorKing SizeBrand NewIncludes 10 Year WarrantyThe Elite Mattress Protector is a mattress protector that is durable to prote...
Select Luxury Reversible Firm 10-inch Twin-size Foam Mattress (Reversible Comfort 10-inch Twin-Size Foam Mattress)

This 10-inch firm foam mattress provides superior comfort for a good night's rest. This reversible mattress is constructed of plush foam on top of hig...
Overstock.com

3 King Comfort Select 5.5 Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper

3 King Comfort Select 5.5 Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper

Fast Shipping! Component Mattress Visco Mattresses Mattress Toppers Memory Foam Pillows Warranty Registration 20 Years of Experience We have over 20 y...

Comfortaire ELITE MATTRESS PRIMNO COLOR E KING Off white

Comfortaire ELITE MATTRESS PRIMNO COLOR E KING Off white

Sears-O-Pedic Elite Air Mattress by Comfortaire features premium knit fabric cover with 3.25 green tea scented topper foam and edge-to-edge air suppor...

King Restonic Comfort Care Select Amherst Plush Mattress Set

King Restonic Comfort Care Select Amherst Plush Mattress Set

US - Mattress

Serta Elite Mattress ProtectorQueen Size Serta Elite Mattress Protector

Serta Elite Mattress ProtectorQueen Size Serta Elite Mattress Protector

Serta Elite Mattress ProtectorQueen SizeBrand NewIncludes 10 Year WarrantyThe Elite Mattress Protector is a mattress protector that is durable to prot...
Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Smart Surface Vista Hills Firm Mattress Hybrid

Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Smart Surface Vista Hills Firm Mattress Hybrid

Serta Perfect Sleeper Elite Smart Surface Vista Hills Firm Mattress   Serta has joined forces with the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) to introduce...
DealBeds.com

Select Luxury Reversible 12-inch Twin-size Foam Mattress (Reversible Comfort 12-inch Twin-Size Foam Mattress)

This 12-inch reversible foam mattress provides superior comfort for a good night's rest. This reversible mattress is constructed of a plush foam on to...
Overstock.com