Sennheiser HDR 120 Wireless Headphones

Keeps a marriage happy!

Sep 12, 2007 (Updated Sep 12, 2007)

Pros:Great sound, good looking, good batteries.

Cons:Ears can get warm, you'll wear these alot, ignoring the rest of the world.

The Bottom Line: Wireless technology has improved significantly during the last ten years and these headphones are the result. Want wireless? Get these.

I enjoy watching TV from my bed before I go to sleep. My wife prefers complete silence so that she can become completely immersed in her latest mystery novel. HHmm.

I opted to try a wireless headphone system. I had tried one many years ago and ended up returning the headphones because they didn't work. Just gave up.

Enter the Sennheiser HDR 120's from Crutchfields. They were on sale at the time for around $89. Regularly $99 I believe.

I have an older 27in. TV with no real outputs to utilize. I had to pull the audio for this headset from our combo DVD/VCR player. Plugged in the base to the player's audio output, and viola! Great sound.

The connection wires are plenty long to set the base within three or four feet of the television. Mine sits on top of the TV, and doesn't look completely weird. This also gets the transmitter a little higher in the room, which helps with range.

The range of these headphones is great. I have walked all around my two story home, without any fade or interference. The transmitter is on the second story, and I have gone to my basement and still had excellent reception. Nuff said there.

The headphones wirelessly re-charge the batteries while resting in a cradle on top of the transmitter. When the headphones are charging a little red light illuminates on the front of the transmitter indicating the headphones are placed properly and receiving a charge.

During use, another small green light on the base illuminates indicating the base is receiving a signal from a source. Neither of these two lights are real bright, they are just there. Not a distraction.

I turn off the headphones when I'm through using them and lay them on a desk. Generally I will use them thirty minutes two to three nights consecutively before I place them back on the base to re-charge. I re-charge them not because they have lost battery power, just because it seems to be the thing to do.

There is an on/off switch on the left ear cup. On the right ear cup is a volume knob, and a frequency tuner, that fine tunes the reception. This knob is located so that it does not get inadvertently turned to offset the frequency selection, which is a good thing. I have not had to re-set the frequency using this knob since purchase.

The only problem between these two knobs on the right ear is that sometimes I forget which is volume and frequency...and I have been known to change the frequency rather than turning up or down the volume....

My only minor complaint is that sometimes my ears get hot because of the type of cloth that is used on the earphones. Not a big deal, but sometimes I adjust them on my head to fit slightly differently, and this solves the problem. The headphones extend with specific clicks up and down from the headband portion, which is nice because once set, they don't slide all over the place. Lightweight too.

Haven't fallen off my head while walking, altho I mostly wear these in bed. (They stay on when my head slumps over and I'm asleep, too.)

Batteries are replaceable by removing a cover on one of the ear cups. These are rechargeable double A's, that come with the headphones. Haven't replaced mine yet, and have owned these headphone for about 6 months. No signs of failing so far.

Overall sound quality is excellent with excellent bass response and good quality highs. Depending on volume, you may or may not be able to hear someone speak to you while wearing these headphones. They don't totally cancel outside noise, but most of it.

Sennheiser HDR 180 - Supplemental RS180 Wireless Headphones (Charger/Transmitter not included)

Sennheiser Hdr 180 Headset For Rs180 Wireless Headphone System (hdr180)

Sennheiser Hdr 180 Headset For Rs180 Wireless Headphone System (hdr180)

Sonic Electronix - New eBay Template Product SKU: 75322 ID: hdr180 The X-Factor when Shopping Electronics Our Store Contact Us About Us Returns Paymen...

Sennheiser Hdr180 Digital Wireless Receiver Headphone Receiver For Rs180

Sennheiser Hdr180 Digital Wireless Receiver Headphone Receiver For Rs180

Price: $129.95 Sennheiser HDR180 Digital Wireless Receiver Headphone Brand New in its Original Retail Box FREE EXPEDITED SHIPPING from *AUTHORIZED DEA...

Sennheiser - Sennheiser HDR 170 (Additional KLEER Wireless Headphones- Requires the RS170)

Learn more about Magnolia Premium Installation These Sennheiser HDR170 headphones are designed for use with the RS 170 digital wireless system and fea...
Best Buy

Sennheiser HDR 160 - Supplemental RS160 Wireless Headphones (Charger/Transmitter not included)

Sennheiser RS 160  HDR160 Wireless Headphones w/ TX160 Transmitter - Closed

Sennheiser RS 160 HDR160 Wireless Headphones w/ TX160 Transmitter - Closed

Live Sound Monitoring - Sennheiser's RS 160 wireless headphones frees you to move about the room while still enjoying the wired sound. By pairing exce...
Sweetwater

Sennheiser Hdr 120 - Wireless Rf Expansion Headphones For Rs120

Sennheiser Hdr 120 - Wireless Rf Expansion Headphones For Rs120

sennheiser hdr 120 wireless rf expansion headphones for rs 120 product features specifications in the box add on headphones for the rs 120 system open...

Sennheiser - Sennheiser HDR 180 (Additional KLEER Wireless Headphone - requires the RS 180)

Learn more about Magnolia Premium Installation These Sennheiser HDR180 headphones are designed for use with the RS 180 digital wireless system and fea...
Best Buy

Sennheiser Hdr 120 Additional Headphone For Rs120 Wireless System Hdr120

Sennheiser Hdr 120 Additional Headphone For Rs120 Wireless System Hdr120

Call with any questions (920)494-8999 or 'contact us' at hifiheaven.net Check out and like our FACEBOOK page for great deals and news!!Additonal headp...

Sennheiser HDR120 Supplemental HiFi Wireless Headphone for RS-120 System (charging/transmitter base not included)

Features: Wireless-Feature Short Description: Sennheiser HDR 120 Headphones, Extra Wireless Headphones for RS110 and 120 Systems