Plantronics Voyager 510 Silver/Black Ear-Hook Headsets Reviews

Plantronics Voyager 510 Silver/Black Ear-Hook Headsets

It packs a punch

Jan 7, 2007

Pros:call quality, battery life, comfort, windsmart + noise cancelling technology

Cons:size, on/off/mute button, unintuitive pairing process

The Bottom Line: This headset has excellent comfort, battery life and call quality all in one, great for those on the go.

I had done a lot of research before settling on the Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth headset. Sure, it's a little larger than some of the other bluetooth headsets out there, but for what it offers, it's a small compromise.

Voice/Call Quality: I haven't had any complaints on calls yet on this headset. Typically on bluetooth headsets you'll be faced with static, or low volume, of a muffled sound, but with this headset, no one has mentioned anything. The person on the other line sounds loud and clear, I have no problems hearing them whatsoever. The mouthpiece noise cancelling microphone as well as wind smart technology. This will reduce background noise and wind when you are talking on the phone. I find this feature very handy when I am walking outdoors and the wind starts blowing, because as we all know when you're on a call with someone and all you hear is the wind blowing into the earpiece and their voice in the background it gets quite annoying. I feel confident talking on this headset knowing that I'm not going to be competing with the wind. I even did a test and lightly blew into the microphone and asked the person on the line if they could hear any wind-like noise, and to my surprise, they said no.

Comfort: This was a large factor for me because I talk on the phone a lot, so I needed a headset that could be worn for long periods of time yet not weigh my ear down. Surprisingly this headset is very comfortable and fits snugly. Getting it on is pretty easy once you get the hang of it, a couple of practice runs and you'll be set. The headset comes with 3 different shaped eartips to best fit your needs.

Battery Life: This was also a large factor for me. The battery life on this headset is 6 hours, which beats most bluetooth headsets out there. It also packs a 100 hour standby time, so you can have your headset on your ear while not on a call and not worry about it losing it's charge. When the battery is dead, it needs to be charged for a minimum of 20 minutes, and after 4 hours it will be fully charged, it's indicator light changing from red to blue when done. You cannot use the headset while it is charging. The indicator light also flashes it's little blue led indicator every 2-3 seconds when the headset is on.

Connection: The headset comes with Bluetooth 1.2 software. This should eliminate most static/crackling you get when being around wireless networks and/or electronics that use a 2.4ghz frequency (cordless phones etc.) It was pretty easy to pair the headset with my phone once I got the instructions down. Pairing isn't very intuitive with this headset, you have to press down a couple of buttons and wait for a flashing and such, but if you follow the instructions step by step, you'll be ready to go in no time. You can pair this headset to two phones at a time, such as a landline phone (if you have the desk set) and your wireless phone.

Buttons: There are 4 buttons on the headset: power on/off/mute, volume up, volume down, answer/end

The on/off/mute button is ridiculously tiny and hard to use, the design on it is poor, but it IS possible to work with it. It has very little response, meaning you won't get a satisfying 'click' from it, and it's a hard, slightly raised button so pressing it can be kind of a pain, but it will respond.

The volume up and down are rocker buttons so they are very easy to use, the answer/end key is on the swivel mouthpiece and easy to access when the headset is worn.

Design: It's a bit on the larger end of bluetooth headsets, but it is nicely designed, and for its comfort and features this detail can be quickly dismissed. The mouthpiece swivels up and down about 185 degrees, so you can swivel it up to be in line with the body of the headset so that the headset is more compact. The earpiece can also swivel 180 degrees, this makes it easy to switch from ear to ear.

Plantronics 74404-01 Headset Charging Cradle for Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics VOYAGER 510 Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset [Retail Packaging]Simplify your communications! The lightweight and versatile Plantronics Voyage...

+ Add Shoplet to Favorite Sellers Plantronics Voyager 510-USB Bluetooth Earset - PLNVOYLEGENDUC Bluetooth headset system connects PC and mobile phone ...
Black - Wireless - Bluetooth - 33 ft - Over-the-ear - Monaural
About Us Ebay Store Shipping Returns Payment FAQ's Top Brands: Plantronics Polycom Samsung Panasonic Garmin Motorola AT T Humminbird Norelco Braun Son...
Type Bluetooth Headset Noise Reduction Yes Ear Coupling Over the Ear Talk Time Up to 6 hour(s) Standby Time Up to 100 hours Operating Range 33 Feet Ba...
Newegg.com