Plantronics Voyager 510 Silver/Black Ear-Hook Headsets Reviews

Plantronics Voyager 510 Silver/Black Ear-Hook Headsets

+$4.18 shipping Walmart.com

Takes some getting used to

Jun 12, 2007 (Updated Aug 23, 2008)

Pros:Lightweight, stylish, price, brand, oh, it's Wireless!

Cons:Power button is DIFFICULT to depress, takes some getting used to when installing in ear

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a stylish & quality bluetooth headset. It appears this model headset is far superior than most others!

After reading several reviews for this item, I decided, hands down, this was definitely the wireless bluetooth headset for me. I like innovation, sophistication, and up-to-date electronics, so after reading the reviews, and witnessing the fantastic buy.com price, it appeared this marvel met all of those requirements.

Well, I can not say I was wrong entirely, but I suppose I was a little disappointed. Upon the very first use of this device, the other party repeatedly inquired, "hello, hello?". They said I was "cutting in and out" and finally terminated the call. This does not necessarily reflect the function of this device as there were several other factors that could have been the culprit for such a negative first trial - one being my cellular coverage area. Perhaps I was in a "dead area", or experiencing poor signal quality. Another factor could very well be, well, ... user error. In any case, I rebooted my telephone and the headset and tried it again with more favorable results.

Since then, I have been in training on the use(s) of this device. I think the power on/off button on the device itself is somewhat difficult to operate just for the fact that it is very hard to depress. The other quirk is noted in other reviews - it takes some time to get used to actually conforming this thing to your ear and can be very frustrating.

Lately, I have had better luck with the Plantronics 510 where reception is concerned. I think the design of the unit is sleek and not bad looking - as far as headsets go. It comes with 3 different size Headset Eartips so you can find the right one that works best for your ear. That was a nice plus. The charger works great, and so far, the battery lasts a long time between charges.

To sum up, this device works pretty well, once you get it into your ear and power it up. The price is a decent price from buy.com and the free shipping sealed the deal. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a stylish & quality bluetooth headset & here's why: I am a novice user of this device, but it seems as though everyone else really approves greatly of this product & I can see no real reason why this product should not be recommended based on the pros & cons of many other similar devices. It appears this model headset is far superior than most others!

(1) New Plantronics Voyager 510 / Avaya ABT-35H Bluetooth WindSmart Headset with Eartips, AC charger and Stand in New White Paper Box for Plantronics ...
start_elivehelp_btncode end_elivehelp_btncode Home About Us Policies Top Sellers Contact Us Current Deals Add Net Direct Sales to your favorite stores...
Black - Wireless - Bluetooth - 33 ft - Over-the-ear - Monaural