Plantronics Voyager 510 Silver/Black Ear-Hook Headsets Reviews

Plantronics Voyager 510 Silver/Black Ear-Hook Headsets

BEST HEADSET ON THE MARKET

May 7, 2008

Pros:Comfortable, reasonably good looking, accessories commonly available, excellent sound quality, excellent build quality

Cons:Proprietary charger, bulk

The Bottom Line: Buy this headset -- none other compare. The Jawbone is the only other one worth considering, and it appeals to a completely different user.

About 3 years ago, I got my first cell phone, and consequently my first headset. A Motorola unit...it took a AAA battery, and it worked pretty well. Or, so I thought. Then I got my first Plantronics 510. WOW!

So, why did I replace my *first* 510? Simple -- old age. Things with rechargeable batteries tend to die over the years, and this is no exception...lasted a good 2 years of daily use, before giving up, though.

So, why didn't I buy another model...a newer, smaller, sleeker model? I did! Five Motorolas and two other Plantronics (330 and 665) later, I'm back to another trusty 510, and I'm happier than ever.

With the Plantronics, people can't even tell I'm on a headset, because of the natural sound...and the incoming sound is sufficiently loud to drown out the din. It doesn't have active noise canceling like the Jawbone, but instead relies on a noise-canceling microphone that's relatively close to your mouth. In practice, it works GREAT!

The good: comfortable, reasonably good looking, accessories commonly available, excellent sound quality, excellent build quality

The bad: Proprietary charger, bulk

In practice, the bulk (big battery) is balanced behind your ear, offsetting the relatively long boom mic, and this makes for an enormously comfortable headset, while offering a remarkably long battery life. Additionally, the proprietary charger isn't a problem, because they're commonly available...this headset has been around for years, yet still ranks among the best on the market, at any price! Says a lot, doesn't it?

A friend described it this way: It's a convergence of proven and mature technologies, that just works really well...the "sweet spot" for bluetooth headsets. And, frankly, I'm in complete agreement.

My usual description is that it's a tool, in a field filled with toys. The 510 really is a tool for business...and for anyone who wants a clear and natural sounding connection.

(1) New Plantronics Voyager 510 / Avaya ABT-35H Bluetooth WindSmart Headset with Eartips, AC charger and Stand in New White Paper Box for Plantronics ...
Plantronics Voyager 510S Bluetooth Headset System for Cell Phones Office New MPN / UPC: 72270-61 / 017229119437 Item Condition: Brand New Packaging: S...
start_elivehelp_btncode end_elivehelp_btncode Home About Us Policies Top Sellers Contact Us Current Deals Add Net Direct Sales to your favorite stores...
Black - Wireless - Bluetooth - 33 ft - Over-the-ear - Monaural