Sergeants Nature's Guardian Natural Flea & Tick SqueezeOn for Dogs & Puppies (under 15 lbs) Reviews

ratings (4 Epinions reviews)

Sergeant's Nature's Guardian: All Natural Flea & Tick Squeeze On for Dogs

Jun 16, 2008

Pros:Killed fleas on contact, worked well for 2 full weeks.

Cons:Very strong odor, didn't work for full month.

The Bottom Line: Better than most over the counter flea control products. Made of all natural ingredients!

Living in the south with pets means putting up with fleas in the summer. This year the fleas season has taken off with fleas popping up everywhere and with temperatures soaring in the 90's flea reproduction has just begun. I looked for a product that I could get locally made with natural ingredients after trying a few others and found Sergeant's Nature's Guardian Natural Flea & Tick Squeeze-On for Dogs & Puppies. It gave me surprising results!

Sergeant's Nature's Guardian Natural Flea & Tick Squeeze-On for Dogs & Puppies

This product can be purchased at your local pet store and comes in a box with 3 applications. It retails for around $7.99 a box if I remember correctly. Sergeant's Nature's Guardian Natural Flea & Tick Squeeze-On for Dogs & Puppies is made of all natural ingredients that are safe to use around children and pets It kills and repels fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. The package claims that it kills fleas and ticks on contact.

The box for small dogs is for dogs and puppies weighing 15 lb.s or under.

The Applicators & Application

Each monthly dosage comes in a green plastic tube-like applicator. All you have to do is snip off the top of the application and the solution is ready to apply to your dog and/or puppy.

You should read the directions before applying so you will know how to apply the solution and also know the hazards involved for both humans and pets. I'll discuss that in just a moment.

Sergeant's Nature's Guardian Natural Flea & Tick Squeeze-On for Dogs & Puppies should be applied in between the shoulder blades and along the back all the way to the base of the tail. If you can part the dog's hair while applying, this will help the solution absorb into it's coat. Keep the dog still for a few minutes to absorb into the coat. Follow up by wrapping dispenser in paper towel and disposing of properly. Wash hands!

Hazards

Even thought this product is made from natural ingredients, they can still be harmful to the eyes. If the solution gets in your eyes or your pet's eyes, flush with water for several minutes and seek medical attention if needed.

You should also not use this product on puppies younger than 12 weeks old.

This product, as well as any product, can cause sensitivities to the skin. If you find that your pet is sensitive to this product, give him a bath with mild soap and rinse well with water. Contact your vet for extreme cases of irritation.

How Did This Product Work?

I was actually surprised at how well and how fast this product worked. The only problem I had was that I used it on the indoor dogs and the odor of this product is very strong. It was so strong that it almost ran us out of the house for the rest of the day. It did succeed in giving both me and my husband a headache.

As for killing the fleas, the product passed with flying colors. It did exactly as claimed and killed fleas on contact.

Did it work all month? No, it did not. I can say this product worked well for a good 2 or maybe 2.5 weeks. Since it is made from natural ingredients, I would ask my vet before reapplying so soon. That could open up sensitive skin issues.

I will buy this product again but for the outdoor dogs. I can't handle the strong odor that this product has indoors again. It was just too much.

Active Ingredients

Peppermint Oil: 3%
Cinnamon Oil: 4.5%
Lemon Grass Oil: 4.5%
Clove Oil: 5%
Thyme Oil: 5%

Other Ingredients: Vanillin, Isopropyl Myristate: 78%

Recommendation

Sergeant's Nature's Guardian Natural Flea & Tick Squeeze-On for Dogs & Puppies is better than most over the counter flea applications. If you are in a bind and need flea control in a hurry, give it a try. Just be warned that it has a very strong scent.