Serta Mattress Bristol Way

Serta Bristol Way Euro-top Mattress and Box Spring Set

Nov 20, 2011

Pros:Comfort, support, FireBlocker flammability, double tempered steel coil design, antimicrobial fibers, no sagging

Cons:Need deep pocket sheets, not for tall people

The Bottom Line: After nearly 4 years of sleeping on this mattress and box springs, it's still the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.

Our second bedroom needed updating so we removed the water bed and bought twin beds to replace it. We liked the idea of having extra bedding when the kids were home for the holidays but things didn't work out as planned and I wound up taking one of the twin beds and sleeping in it myself. It's a comfortable bed and I've had no problems with it. I sleep like a baby in it and it's been great for my back.

I bought the 2 twin beds at a mattress store along with frames for around $750 each.

The bed:
Serta Euro Top mattress and box springs.
Antimicrobial fibers to help reduce asthma and allergy triggers.
Euro-top design for extra layer of softness and comfort. Cradles your body when you lie down.
Soft resilient fiber that provides plush surface that breathes away heat and moisture.
Double tempered hourglass steel coil design that provides lasting support.
Mattress sets meets all federally mandated flammability standards with Serta's FireBlocker system

Dimensions:
Mattress set: 20 inches high x 38 inches wide x75 inches long
Mattress: 11 inches high x 38 inches wide x75 inches long
Each foundation: 9 inches high x 38 inches wide x 75 inches long

The fabric:
62% Blended Cotton Batting
38% Polyester Fiber Batting

I'd been sleeping on a water bed for over 25 years before I started sleeping on my new Serta Bristol Way Euro-top Mattress and Box Spring Set and figured there would be some sort of adjustment period, and there was. I started sleeping all night long instead of waking up several times during the night with my back hurting and not being able to find a comfortable spot. For those of you who have back problems you can imagine how thrilled I was to be relieved of the pain. No walking bent over at the waist. No pain that limited my activities. No walking carefully in case I aggravated it more. In no time at all, I was walking upright and feeling good until neuropathy set in and I was told to live with it. I didn't. I took an unconventional path and no longer have to live with that pain. Sometimes you have to look outside the box to find the cure.

Having good support when sleeping is very important.  I'd assumed my sleeplessness and back pain were part of the aging process when it wasn't.  It was simply a matter of choosing a different product to sleep on.  My Serta Euro-top Mattress and Box Spring Set contoured to my body, relieved pressure points and supported my weight.

I don't tuck the bottom of my sheets into the mattress. When talking to my doctor about neuropathy, he asked if I tucked them inside the mattress and I told him no. He said to never do that as it wasn't good for the circulation.

I'd never slept on a mattress with a topper and wasn't sure how I was going to like it. The mattress set was high up from the floor and I couldn't just "lay" down on it as I did my water bed. I had to boost myself up in order to get in bed. I'm 5'3" tall and at the time of purchase, weighed around 135 lbs. I briefly considered buying a small wooden set of steps but figured I'd break my neck on them in the middle of the night so nixed that idea. Over time I've learned how to stand on my tip-toes in order to climb into bed and had adjusted to the height.

This mattress set is 75 inches long which is 6'3" which sounds a reasonable length for one person to sleep on.  As I said earlier, I'm 5'3" tall but when lying on my back stretched out fully, my feet are almost at the end of the mattress.  I'm inclined to say this is the reason why I sleep on my right side but, in reality, I've always slept on my right side.  You may want to think twice about buying this mattress set if you're taller than I am.

The first thing I did was put a mattress pad on it to help protect it. In the winter months, I use a heating pad on top of the mattress. Regular twin size sheets fit but tended to slip off so I purchased a set with deep pockets which fit much better. Since then, I've found I prefer a full bottom sheet with twin size top so I use flannel sheets in the winter months and 800 count Egyptian in the spring, summer and fall. You can get by with the deep pocket twin size sheets but if you want to cover the entire mattress with topper, mattress pad and electric pad, a larger sheet is required.

I usually rotate my mattress every 6 months but it doesn't really matter how often you rotate it as your posterior is going to wind up in the same spot no matter how many times it's flipped. It's a twin size bed and you only have so much room. After nearly 4 years of use, I've not had any indentations - my mattress hasn't sunk in any one spot. It's still as firm and flat on the top as it was when bought new. The steel coil design has provided lasting support for my weary body at bedtime.

The mattress "breathes away heat and moisture." I don't wake up hot and sweaty during the night or in the mornings so I'd say it does breathe away heat and moisture. When I rotate the mattress every 6 months, I also run my hand held vacuum cleaner over it and once a year, we put it outside to "air." My parents always "aired" their mattresses and it's something I've always tended to do (until I started sleeping on a water bed).  Water beds cannot host dust mites as there's no core material for the mites to live in so paying attention to your mattress set only makes sense.

Serta has a FireBlocker system which is a proprietary blend of natural and synthetic fibers that helps to isolate the impact of a fire and limit its spread.  I've not had to put this claim to the test but I'd like to think it's true.

I have good foundation support with no uncomfortable spots to interrupt my sleep. I'm a side sleeper and have pillows for such and I tend to sleep in the same spot all night long. I go to bed on my right side in the fetal position side and wake up on my right side in the fetal position. It's how I sleep, how I rest, and I've never been able to change it.

It doesn’t matter which coil mattress you buy, the innerspring coil unit is probably made by Leggett & Platt out of Carthage, Missouri.  Serta's double tempered hourglass steel coil design holds its shape and integrity longer. Their continuous coil innerspring provides greater support due to their unique construction - it results in a system that is stronger and more supportive.

It's one of the best inner spring mattresses I've slept on and I highly recommend the Serta Bristol Way Euro-top Mattress and Box Spring Set

ddustyrose November 20, 2011

www.serta.com

Many thanks to Dawn  for adding this so quickly to the data base for me.

Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Gel Euro Top Full-size Mattress Set (Full Set)

This full-size sleep system combines Serta's advanced support innerspring with Pressure Balancing Design, for the right balance of support and comfort...
Overstock.com

Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Gel Euro Top Twin-size Mattress Set (Twin Set)

This twin-size sleep system combines Serta's advanced support innerspring with gel memory foam, for the right balance of support and comfort. Size: Tw...
Overstock.com

Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Gel Euro Top Split Queen-size Mattress Set (Split Queen Set)

In addition to the usual supreme comfort and support, the gel memory foam increases airflow to keep you cool so you won't have to sweat the details of...
Overstock.com

Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Gel Euro Top Twin-size Mattress (Twin Mattress)

This plush mattress design combines Serta's Continuous Support Innerspring with pressure balancing design, for the right balance of support and comfor...
Overstock.com

Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Gel Euro Top Cal King-size Mattress Set (Cal King Set), Size California King

Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Gel Euro Top Cal King-size Mattress Set (Cal King Set), Size California K...

This California king-size sleep system combines Serta's advanced support innerspring with Pressure Balancing Design, for the right balance of support ...
Overstock.com

Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Gel Euro Top Queen-size Mattress Set (Queen Set)

This queen-size sleep system combines Serta's advanced support innerspring with Pressure Balancing Design, for the right balance of support and comfor...

Serta Liberty 4 in. Futon Mattress Multicolor - S400X5-2030, Full

Serta Liberty 4 in. Futon Mattress Multicolor - S400X5-2030, Full

Shop for Futon and Futon Mattress from Hayneedle.com! Bring ultimate comfort into your home with the Serta Liberty 4 in. Futon Mattress. Its luxurious...
Hayneedle

Serta Perfect Sleeper Bristol Way Supreme Gel Euro Top King-size Mattress Set (King Set)

This king-size sleep system combines Serta's advanced support innerspring with Pressure Balancing Design, for the right balance of support and comfort...

Serta Maple 4 in. Futon Mattress Multicolor - S510X5-2030, Full

Serta Maple 4 in. Futon Mattress Multicolor - S510X5-2030, Full

Shop for Futon and Futon Mattress from Hayneedle.com! The Serta Maple 4 in. Futon Mattress makes an ideal addition to any college dorm, young apartmen...

Serta Bayside 4 in. Futon Mattress Multicolor - S620X5-2050, Queen

Serta Bayside 4 in. Futon Mattress Multicolor - S620X5-2050, Queen

Shop for Futon and Futon Mattress from Hayneedle.com! The Serta Bayside 4 in. Futon Mattress is more than a match for most normal mattresses. A two-in...