Comments on Seven Pounds - another Will Smith winner!" (6 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Re: Excellent Movie
by ladyconsumer, ladyconsumer is a Lead on Epinions in Movies
Hey Dave, I'm so glad we finally agree on a movie --- I was starting to wonder if it were possible!

Thanks for the comment,

Nov 10, 2009
6:33 am PST

Excellent Movie
by krus54
We finally agree on something!! :-)

My son was going nuts for a week trying to get me to watch this movie via Netflix streaming to our TV. I kept putting him off and finally I decided to sit down and watch it.

You're right about it moving slowly at the start. I don't think there's anything wrong about mentioning the start of the movie since it's in the trailers that I've seen. He calls 911 and when asked, "what is your emergency" Will Smith says, "there's been a suicide...mine."

As you said, the rest is difficult to describe without giving away the movie. I generally do NOT like movies where the plot is not clear and the movie bounces around with small clips of flashbacks. But without question this movie is definitely worth sticking around for till the end. I remember finally seeing what was going on and thinking, "OMG...what an incredible story line!"

I hate to say this, but I even had to hide a couple of tears from my son.

Great review for a movie which is difficult to describe without giving away the ending.

Dave
Nov 10, 2009
5:14 am PST

Re: Thank you
by ladyconsumer, ladyconsumer is a Lead on Epinions in Movies
Me too! It's a two-tissue movie, that's for sure!

Nov 9, 2009
7:05 am PST

by djgeiger
That movie certainly touched me.
Nov 9, 2009
6:55 am PST

Re: Ah
by ladyconsumer, ladyconsumer is a Lead on Epinions in Movies
It's another one of those "love it or hate it" movies. Thankfully we're all allowed our opinions!

Nov 8, 2009
5:19 pm PST

Ah
by JiggyJay
I'm glad you enjoyed this movie, too, because everyone gives this movie so much crap. :) Great review of an emotional movie ;)

Jason