Sharp R-1514 1000 Watts Microwave Oven Reviews

Sharp R-1514 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Free Shipping Home Depot

This microwave does NOT vent!

May 22, 2006
Rated Show
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Attractive, microwave works well.

Cons:Noisy vent fan that doesn't do anything.

Congratulations for reading this before you buy, I didn't and found out the hard way that this over-the-range microwave doesn't vent!

Oh, sure, it has a fan button, and it makes a lot of noise, but nothing is moved from under the unit. I can hold a piece of tissue next to the right side vent inlet grill and when I let go it falls to the counter. The other side reluctantly hangs from the grill, but only barely. Cook something on the stove and the steam rolls up the front of the unit as though the fan wasn't on at all.

Sharp sent a tech out to inspect the unit and they found nothing wrong. I called Sharp back and they told me that it their microwaves are designed to "circulate heat" not to vent things from under them. Huh?? What the heck did I spend several hundred dollars for a over-the-range microwave for?! I could have built one in and used a vent hood for all the good this thing does.

On the up side, the microwave part works fine and looks good, but it's only doing half the job it should.

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Sharp s R1514T 1.5 Cu. Ft. 1000W Over-the-Range Microwave Oven in stainless steel, convenient Auto-Touch Contro...
Home Depot