Sicilia Lemon Juice 4oz

~~ Sicilia Lemon Juice ~~

Apr 3, 2008

Pros:Easy to use, convenient, tastes like fresh squeezed lemon juice, keeps well

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Sicilia Lemon Juice is a great way to always have fresh lemon juice on hand.

Sicilia Lemon Juice is an item that is always in my fridge..

The Sicilia Lemon Juice is packaged in a bright yellow, lemon shaped plastic container with a small green twist off cap. I have to admit that the packaging ranks fairly high in terms of cuteness. There is an informational leaflet that comes attached to the cap; I've thrown that away a long time ago but managed to find some information about the lemon juice.

The ingredients include lemon juice, lemon oil, and sulphur dioxide as a preservative. The juice is not from concentrate and is imported from Italy. I purchased from the local grocery store; though I don't remember the price, it must have been reasonable if a miser like myself purchased it.

Lemon juice in a cutesy lemon shaped plastic bottle? Does it really taste like the juice of a lemon? Yes! It really does taste like fresh squeezed lemon juice. It's quite remarkable and extremely convenient to have on hand. I don't have to worry about the lemon pulp or seeds as the Sicilia Lemon Juice is just the juice. What I love most is that I don't have to worry about buying lemons to juice for specific recipes since I can just add in some Sicilia Lemon Juice. Sure if I had a lemon tree in the backyard, I might not keep Sicilia Lemon Juice around as often, but for the time being, Sicilia Lemon Juice is the perfect product.

The lemon juice is easy to dispense from the container. There is a flow control at the top so that not too much lemon juice flows at once. A simple squeeze is all that is needed to dispense the lemon juice. Be careful as sometimes the juice splashes if one squeezes the container too hard!

I use the lemon juice mostly for guacamole and for a light lemon-garlic salad dressing. For the guacamole, I only add a small squirt of the lemon juice into the smashed avocados to keep them a pleasant green color and to add a bit of fresh tang to the mix. For the salad dressing, I like to whisk a bit of the lemon juice with some minced garlic, rice vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil for a simple and light dressing.

Overall Thoughts
Sicilia Lemon Juice is a great way to always have fresh lemon juice on hand.

Thanks for reading.