Bramton Simple Solution Stain & Odor Remover for Cats & Dogs (1 Gallon) Reviews

Bramton Simple Solution Stain & Odor Remover for Cats & Dogs (1 Gallon)

Simple Solution Stain and Odor Remover - Better than Nature's Miracle?

May 6, 2005 (Updated Jun 19, 2005)

Pros:Works as advertised; pleasant smell; inexpensive; money back guarantee

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend Bramton's Simple Solution due to the formulation of the enzymes and bacteria that actually rids the stains and odors.

Last year our carpet received the royal urine, barf, and poo treatment from the pets due to the fact that one catastrophic incident after another tore us away from home for longer periods of time than our dogs potty time were accustomed to. I just tried to keep up with steam cleaning the incidents away, however that smell was still there. There was no escape from that awful smell as it was on both floors of the house.

One day I was reading a review and it was suggested to use a black light on the spot in total darkness to see what size of an area you are dealing with. I started in the daylight basement and my eyes could not believe how large of a problem I was faced with. I started reading a lot of Pet Odor remover reviews on Epinions and finally decided to give Bramton Simple Solutions Stain and Odor Remover a chance since the consumers appeared very happy with the end results due to the combined bacteria/enzyme formulation.

The Sizes

Bramton Simple Solutions Stain and Odor Remover is sold in a variety of sizes from a 32 ounce spray bottle to a gallon that also could be run through a steam cleaner.

Guaranteed Stain Removals (per Bramton)

Simple Solution guarantees to remove all types of organic stains and odors including those caused by urine, feces, blood, vomit, hairballs, dirt, and grass. Simple Solution also guarantees to remove stains such as coffee, juice, red wine, baby formula, soda, and chocolate.

Simple Solution stands behind its product and will refund the purchase price of the product if a consumer is not satisfied including certain conditions that alter the pH and chemical make-up of an animal's urine due to medicines, illness, or diet causing a permanent color loss. It is understandable that in these cases the carpet cannot be restored.

Why is This Different than Others on the Market? (per Bramton)

Simple Solution is made with an all-natural bacteria/enzyme formulation that is supposed to “digest” (eat away) to completely remove the odor. Bramton claims that it works on both new and old stains and odors.

Simple Solution combines advanced cleaners with beneficial bacteria and enzymes that digest the source of odor and stain-causing residue. A product such as Nature's Miracle is an "enzyme-only" product and lacks the essential technology of beneficial bacteria to remove the waste completely from the carpet. The bacteria in Simple Solution eat the residue broken up by the enzymes. The by-product of this process is carbon dioxide and water. The carbon dioxide and water are odorless and will evaporate in a drying time.

Simple Solution is non toxic and harmless to people and pets. It is made with a natural bacteria/enzyme formula with a blend of mild surfactants and a small amount of isopropyl alcohol that helps the product evaporate and dry quicker. If a dog or cat walks over the wet area that has been treated and licks its paws, there is no need for concern.

What Surfaces is it Safe On? (per Bramton)

Simple Solution is safe on all surfaces where you can use water. Some good examples are carpets, rugs, upholstery, mattresses, tile, grout, concrete, painted walls that can be washed, wood that is sealed, laundry, grass, and soil.

Not Recommended Surfaces (per Bramton)

Leather, wool, unsealed wood, and dry-clean-only fabrics are not recommended to use Simple Solution on.

My Experience

I bought 4 gallons of this at 10.99 a bottle. I opened the first bottle and of course did a whiff test and the smell was pleasant and the liquid contents were clear.

I started with one room in the daylight basement. With black light in hand I poured the contents over the many stains. You are suppose to use enough to soak not only the carpet but the pad also. After waiting 10 minutes, I then took a white towel and put it on the carpet and just walked on it soaking up the excess. What was a white towel ended up being quite yellow. Actually, it took several white towels due to the many stains I found. After blotting up the excess you just let it naturally dry and do its thing.

I then proceeded to a bedroom. Yeah, the dogs had a field day in all the rooms. I ended up using 3 3/4 gallons for just the daylight basement.

After anxiously waiting for the carpet to completely dry, I took the black light again to the spots. The spots were not the powerful bright colors any longer but you could still see them and this is to be expected especially if you already used another chemical on the area before you use Simple Solution. It did take about 4 days for the carpet to totally dry, but this was in the basement which stays cold, therefore drying process is expected to take longer.

I could no longer smell that awful smell, but I waited for my daughter to come home for the weekend to actually see if she could tell the difference.

She immediately noticed a fresh smell as she was walking down the stairs instead of the typical smell.

We both even got brave and got our noses closer to the carpet just to make sure we were not fooling ourselves. Yes, the odor was gone and so were the stains from the vomit from the cats. Finally!

I have noticed that the pets have no interest in using that territory again, which means that the bacteria/enzyme formulation does work and gets rid of the odor, rather than mask it.

I have also had the experience of a fresh wet stain whereas, you remove the excess before using Simple Solution. Once again, it worked as promised.

I now need to finish the remainder of the house and I’m so glad that a product works as advertised and guaranteed or your money back. I think I will try it with my steam cleaner for another room and see what results I obtain.

You just cannot go wrong here.

Keep this product in mind and keep some on hand as you never know when you will need it.

I also tried Nature's Miracle if you would like to read the review, just click the clickable link.

Bramton 13842 Simple Solution Stain + Odor Remover

Bramton 13842 Simple Solution Stain + Odor Remover

32 OUNCE Formulated with both pro-bacteria and enzymes to totally eliminate stains and odors. Safe for use around pets and children. Unique odor remov...
Bramton 11122 Simple Solution Stain + Odor Remover

Bramton 11122 Simple Solution Stain + Odor Remover

1 GALLON Specially developed to remove organic pet messes - vomit, urine and feces. Completely eliminates odors to discourage pets from repeat marking...
Bramton 14163 Simple Solution Stain + Odor Remover

Bramton 14163 Simple Solution Stain + Odor Remover

24 OUNCE Specially developed to remove organic pet messes - vomit, urine and feces. Completely eliminates odors to discourage pets from repeat marking...
Bramton 10137 Simple Solution Extreme Stain + Odor Remover

Bramton 10137 Simple Solution Extreme Stain + Odor Remover

32 OUNCE Pro-bacteria and enzymes work together to completely remove stains and odors. Prevents pet resoiling and revisiting. Safe for use around pets...
Bramton 14715 Simple Solution Oxy Charged Stain + Odor Remover

Bramton 14715 Simple Solution Oxy Charged Stain + Odor Remover

32 OUNCE Triple-oxy formula penetrates deep to destroy stains and odors - fast! Prevents pet resoiling and revisiting. Safe for use around pets and ch...
Simple Solutions Extreme Stain And Odor Remover Gallon

Simple Solutions Extreme Stain And Odor Remover Gallon

Simple Solution Extreme Stain Odor Remover has 3 times the power of regular Stain Odor remover. This fast-acting formula permanently and completely re...
Valley Vet Supply

Bramton 14717 Simple Solution Oxy Charged Stain + Odor Remover

Bramton 14717 Simple Solution Oxy Charged Stain + Odor Remover

1 GALLON Triple-oxy formula penetrates deep to destroy stains and odors - fast! Prevents pet resoiling and revisiting. Safe for use around pets and ch...
Simple Solution Extreme Stain And Odor Remover, 32-ounce Spray Bottle

Simple Solution Extreme Stain And Odor Remover, 32-ounce Spray Bottle

Details: Manufacturer:Bramton Company Size:32 oz Color: Item Dimensions: Length:10.71 inches Width:5.43 inches Height:2.99 inches Weight:2.38 pounds F...

Simple Solutions Platinum Pet Odor Destroyer 17 oz

Simple Solutions Platinum Pet Odor Destroyer 17 oz

Three times more odor-fighting power. Continuous power spray penetrates deep into fibers to reach the odor source. Pro-Bacteria enzyme formula elimina...
Valley Vet Supply