Simply Nourish Turkey & Oatmeal Indoor Dry Cat Food

Simply Nourish is a nice alternative for those who feed premium pet foods.

May 20, 2011

Pros:high-quality ingredients, no by-products, reasonable price, cats love it

Cons:sold only at PetSmart

The Bottom Line: Both the humans and felines in this house like Simply Nourish Turkey & Oatmeal Dry Cat Food.

I'm pretty picky about pet food because I don't want to feed my cats and fosters food that contains gross and low-quality ingredients.  I recently tore through PetSmart after work to buy dry and canned cat food while on my way to an appointment.  I immediately noticed the bags of Simply Nourish on the shelf, but I didn't have much time to sit and read all of the information on the bag.  The fact that it was nestled on the shelf between the usual high-quality foods that I buy convinced me to just grab the bag and go.

About This Product

Simply Nourish Turkey & Oatmeal Dry Cat Food
is described on the bag as a food that is "carefully sourced, complete and balanced, and (nutritious enough) to support health, vitality, and longevity."  The Simply Nourish line is a new PetSmart-exclusive one similar to Authority and Sophisticat, but this one is targeted for pet owners who want to feed premium foods to their pets.

This Simply Nourish Dry Cat Food in particular contains ingredients like turkey, turkey meal, oatmeal, rice flour, dried chicken, tomato pomace, canola oil, flaxseed, dried cranberries and dried carrots.  I am very happy to see that it doesn't contain mystery meat (bone and meat meal), by-products, or carcinogenic preservatives (BHA/BHT).  I paid $14 for a 7 pound bag of this product at the local PetSmart which I think is a very reasonable price.

Our Experience

I've been feeding the cats this food for the past couple of weeks.  They didn't pause for a second when they saw that the food was something new and different and they seem to like it as they happily chow down on it when they are hungry.  I haven't noticed any digestive upset or allergy issues, so I think that it is a good match for our cat crew.  There is still enough in the bag to feed them for another week, so we will get 3 weeks of food for 4 cats out of a $14 bag of food.  I absolutely can live with that price!

Overall Opinion

Both the cats and I really like this Simply Nourish Turkey & Oatmeal Dry Cat Food.  They love the taste and I love the quality ingredients and lack of allergy/digestive issues.  I will definitely buy this cat food again.  Recommended!

Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Puppy Turkey, Oatmeal & Salmon Dog Food, 12-lb bag

Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Puppy Turkey, Oatmeal & Salmon Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag; With mighty souls but little bodies, your sma...
Chewy.com

Turkey & Oatmeal Recipe With mighty souls but little bodies, your small breed dog has a unique physical composition that creates special
PetFlow

Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Puppy Turkey, Oatmeal & Salmon Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag

Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Puppy Turkey, Oatmeal & Salmon Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag; With mighty souls but little bodies, your smal...
Chewy.com

Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Adult Turkey and Oatmeal Recipe Dry Dog Food - Must Spend $15

PetFlow

Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Adult Turkey & Oatmeal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag; If your small-breed buddy likes to act like the big bark o...

Simply Nourish Hip & Joint Support Level 3 Maximum

Simply Nourish Hip & Joint Support Level 3 Maximum

Retail$69 Brand New Sealed Simply Nourish Hip Joint Support ~ Level 3 ~ Maximum ~ **NEW** **BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING** Description: Simply Nour...

Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Adult Turkey & Oatmeal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag; If your small-breed buddy likes to act like the big bark on...
Chewy.com

Simply Balanced Homestyle Turkey Meatballs 20oz.

Simply Balanced Homestyle Turkey Meatballs 20oz.

Find prepared appetizers, meals and sides at Target.com! Simply balanced homestyle turkey meatballs 20oz.

Sojos Simply Turkey 4 oz Dog Treats

Sojos Simply Turkey 4 oz Dog Treats

Made with simply the best quality meats available and nothing else, these raw, freeze-dried treats are perfect for training and snacking.
Natural Pet Discount

Oatmeal Natural Paw Butter 2 oz

Oatmeal Natural Paw Butter 2 oz

Oatmeal Natural Paw Butter is an allnatural butter that you can use right on your pet's paws to get rid of their dryness and cracked paws. Just like h...
Entirely Pets