Singer Tiny Tailor TT700 Electronic Sewing Machine

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

I Can Sew! I Can Sew! I Can Sew!

Jun 12, 2002 (Updated Jan 28, 2005)

Pros:great little machine that gets the job done for me

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Singer is a name that is trusted by women and men all over the world! They make great sewing machines of all kinds.

Updated: Jan. 27, 2005

After all this time this Tiny Machine is still going. Now mind you I don't use it a whole lot but I do use it. I have had no problems thus far at all these years.

If you hate to sew and only need something to do small sewing jobs, then consider The Singer Tiny Tailor

God Bless!

LKD 2005 update

I hate to sew! I hate it almost as much if not more so than ironing! But sometimes in life one finds they need a sewing machine around the house. So for Mother’s Day my children, the ones still at home, the ones who still bug me, the ones who are never going to leave, bought me a sewing machine.

Now they didn’t buy me one of those really expensive things, we didn’t have that kind of money. No they bought me a little, lightweight, mender instead. This is what I wanted though. Actually, I ordered it, my husband paid for it, and the children put their names on it. Isn’t that how it works?

What possessed me to get a sewing machine you ask? Well I will tell you. You see back in March for my birthday I got the new bedspread and sheets. I also bought twin sheets to make curtains to match. (Every once in a while I can get a little creative!) Now I was able to use hemming tape for the hem of my new curtains until I ran out. Then I had to use a needle and thread to finish and this was not a good thing for me at all. My hands, fingers and arms kept giving out on me. But I did finish them. But a sewing machine would have been a lot easier!

And then there are some things that need to be mended and once again I found myself looking for a sewing machine. I found that there are a lot of different kinds out there and so many choices! It was mind-boggling and gave me a headache. I searched for days and days that went into weeks and weeks.

I didn’t want anything fancy or costly. Besides I don’t know how to sew all that well anyways so there was not a need in getting something that I didn’t need or wouldn’t use. And with the Fybromyalgia and Arthritis that I have I had to look for something lightweight and easy to use.

Well I found such a sewing machine and I was tickled pink! My children have done well by their Mother on this prestigious occasion called Mothers Day! And they shall live to see another day! Lol!

The Tiny Tailor

I chose the SingerŽ Tiny Tailor Mending Machine model number TT700. It has a top drop in bobbin, which I think is really cool. Certainly makes my life easier, because when I have used sewing machines in the past I always forgot about that bobbin thing.

It also has a handy free arm for those cuffs and sleeves. (I most likely will not be using this feature, but it’s nice to know I have that choice.) It even has a light, which is good in order for me to see with.

Comes with dual speed controls, lo and hi. I find this great as well because I can’t go to fast and really mess things up. I can also choose between a short stitch and a long stitch! I think short is better for most things. Perhaps you that sew out there will advise me on this part. I can even do a reverse stitch if necessary.

It even has this handy little storage compartment. I will now have a new hiding place for small objects! Just kidding, it can be used for threads, needles and extra bobbins, which actually came with the unit! And it has this little switch called on/off. It also has a foot peddle for easy hands off sewing. This is a good thing, because now I will not have to worry about catching my finger in the needle!

There is also this handy pamphlet that comes with my new sewing machine that will help me to understand how to use it. Threading up the machine is very easy, there is a guide for me to follow and I can’t go wrong with that!

Company Info

Should you have any questions you can contact Singer at:

1-800-4-Singer

You can also get warranty info at this number. And speaking of warranty, the unit comes with a 90-day warranty and there is a card to fill out to send in to the company to register your unit.

You can also email SingerŽ at:

talktous@singer.com

How I Feel

Can I use it you ask? Well of course I can! It’s really rather easy to use. I plug it up, turn it on, check the bobbin to make sure it’s where it should be and that it has thread in it, select the correct stitch, turn on the light, and make sure that the thread is threaded correctly and off I go. I can do a straight stitch! Life is good!

There are a lot of sewing machines out there like I stated above. They can cost way over 2000.00 dollars. Now I don’t know what anyone would do with a sewing machine costing that much, but hey, more power to you! And there are some that cost fewer than 100.00 dollars like mine. We paid 34.96 for it!

You have to choose the model that is right for your needs. If you need a sewing machine that will do some heavy-duty sewing then that is what you get. If you need something like what I was looking for then a smaller sewing machine may be best for you.

Buy what is within your budget. Don’t get something that you don’t need because you will never use it. Once, long ago I had another sewing machine that I did use sometimes, I actually got creative once back then and made pillows for my girls when they were little. They now have those pillows to pass down to their children. Which my oldest has done with hers by giving them to my grandson. But I got rid of that sewing machine and have regretted doing so because once in a while they do come in handy.

So if you are looking to buy a sewing machine, look around. Compare prices, compare options, compare warranties, and compare usage. Don’t stress over buying a sewing machine because they are not worth it! Take your time and get what you can afford and what you will use.

Even if it’s going to sit up in the closet most of the time, a sewing machine is good to have around the house. Just like the iron!

I hope that this has helped in some kind of way.

God Bless!

ŠLKD 2002

Singer 6199 Brilliance Electronic Sewing Machine

Singer 6199 Brilliance Electronic Sewing Machine

Find sewing, knitting and serger machines at Target.com! Singer 6199 brilliance electronic sewing machine

Singer 8763 Curvy Electronic Sewing Machine With Swift Smart Threading System

Singer 8763 Curvy Electronic Sewing Machine With Swift Smart Threading System

The Singer 8763 is not only easy to use but also has a variety of convenient features to explore your creativity. This Singer sewing machine features ...

Singer 7463 Electronic Sewing Machine

Singer Confidence 7463Brand NewIncludes 25 Year WarrantyThe Singer Confidence 7463 sewing machine has simple push-button control panel that allows you...
Singer 5500 Fashionmate Electronic Sewing Machine, Obo,

Singer 5500 Fashionmate Electronic Sewing Machine, Obo,

The Singer 5500 Fashion Mate Sewing Machine is equipped with automatic features for easy sewing. This Singer Fashion Mate sewing machine has 100 built...

Singer 7470 Confidence Electronic Sewing Machine

Singer 7470 Confidence Electronic Sewing Machine

Features 225 Stitch Patterns including Alphanumeric Stitches Drop Sew Bobbin System Class 15J Bobbin LCD Screen with Push Button Stitch Selectio...
Beach Camera.com

Singer 7463 Electronic Sewing Machine

Sewing Singer 6199 Brilliance 100-stitch Computerized Machine Art Craft Decor Di

The SINGER 6199 Brilliance electronic sewing machine boasts features to make sewing a breeze at an affordable price. An automatic needle threader make...

Singer 4-Stitch Mending Machine PIXIEPLUS

Singer 4-Stitch Mending Machine PIXIEPLUS

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The SINGER Pixie Plus is the craft machine you need for all your crafting, hemming, and mending projects. Small...
Home Depot

Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist White

Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist White

Singer/ 600 Built-in Stitches including Alphanumeric Stitches 13 Fully Automatic Buttonholes Programmable Needle Up/Down 1-Touch Electronic Automatic ...
Overstock.com