-9%
Blairex Sleepinal Sleep Aid Capsules, #B0632 32 Each (350486616326) Reviews

Blairex Sleepinal Sleep Aid Capsules, #B0632 32 Each (350486616326)

+$5.95 shipping OTC Retail

Sleepinal - First a headache, then some sleep

Nov 15, 2010 (Updated Nov 15, 2010)

Pros:works wonders - I actually fall & stay asleep!

Cons:severe headache, packaging

The Bottom Line: I would use this product again; I just wish there was something to do about getting a severe headache right before I fall asleep.

I've had sleeping issues since I was a child. I have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, and can be considered an insomniac. I'm that girl that gets up and cleans the house at 3am because sleeping is just not an option.

I purchased Sleepinal Night-time sleep-aid capsules at A&P for about $12. I have used other sleep aids before, but this was one of the least expensive brands. Thirty-two capsules come in a box. They are light blue and the size of an average capsule.

The active ingredient is Diphenhydramine, 50mg. The inactive ingredients include FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, lactose, magnesium stearate, and talc. Children should not use this product and you should not take this product if you have breathing problems, glaucoma, and trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland. Alcoholic drinks should be avoided when you use this product.

This medication claims to be non-habit forming.

The directions say to take 1 capsule before bedtime, if needed. I'll take the capsule if I can't sleep for over an hour.

Experience

The directions say to take 1 capsule before bedtime, if needed. I'll take the capsule about 30 minutes prior to going to sleep. The capsule is extremely hard to get out of the tamper proof packaging. I've broken several pills trying to get the pill out of the package.

I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes this medication causes really bad headaches. My head pounds right before I fall asleep. This is what I hate about the Sleepinal pills.

When I do fall asleep, I only wake up maybe once or twice throughout the night and am able to fall right back asleep. Waking up once or twice during the night is a blessing, in my eyes.

Upon waking up in the morning, I don't want to report that I feel refreshed and awakened because I am a little bit slower moving, but I manage to get up and moving within 15 minutes of waking. Throughout the day I feel refreshed and happy that I got a full night sleep.

I have had no other side effects other that a severe headache when taking these pills.

Sleep is very important; I'm envious of those who can sleep for a straight 7 to 8 hours without waking up during the night. Sleepinal definitely helps me get some rest.

Thanks for the read,