Slime Xc 26x 2.0 Kb Presta Valve Kevlar Bicycle Tires

Slime Xc 26x 2.0 Kb Presta Valve Kevlar Bicycle Tires -- Best Tubeless Mountain-Bike Tires

Jul 12, 2009 (Updated Sep 7, 2009)

Pros:Excellent tires.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: Pick up a set today.

I bought two of the Slime Xc 26x 2.0 Kb Presta Valve Kevlar Bicycle Tires when they were on sale and wanted to try tubeless bike tires (or built in tube rather) because my last set one of the tubes blew out from getting pinched 'tween the tire and rim.

Time to Mount

The time to install the tires is seven or eight minutes total. The first tire took a little over four minutes and the second took a little over three minutes and they are easy to mount.

Recommended Mounting Procedure and Getting Started

First off you need to take rims off of the bicycle to change the tires.

Remove old tires and/or tubes and be sure to deflate first.

Inspect the rim tape for defects/damage if it is fine simply do one side first after cutting the zip ties with durable & strong scissors or wire cutters if you prefer, and I would not recommend using a knife as it has a built in tube and would be easy to damage the built in tube.

Mount on one side of the Slime Xc 26x 2.0 Kb Presta Valve Kevlar Bicycle Tires before inserting the valve stem through the valve stem hole in the rim.

Next insert the valve stem through the opening in the rim and make sure the valve stem is straight out/perpendicular to the rim so you do not pop the built in tube.

Then start mounting in the other side making sure the lip is catching so it does not fall off while inflating.

Begin to slowly inflate the tire making sure the lip of the tire is catching on the inside of the rim. On these you can inflate from 40 psi to 65 psi depending on how firm you want the tires. I typically inflate them to about 60 psi and do fine.

Side Note

If by chance you pop the built in tube you can use cut out the valve then insert a 26 inch by 2 inch tube and still use this wonderful tire. But I can not provide much other advice on this because I have not punctured or popped the built in tube yet.

Durability

The Slime Xc 26x 2.0 Kb Presta Valve Kevlar Bicycle Tires seem to be very durable as I have gone about 100 miles so far with no noticeable wear, and have ridden glass and sharp rocks with no problems so far.

Traction

The traction is unbelievably good on these Slime Xc 26x 2.0 Kb Presta Valve Kevlar Bicycle Tires as I have been off road and on the open road with unsurpassed traction on any of the other bike tires I have had such as Bell with Kevlar or other basic tires which the names slip my mind. These are great for cross country riding as I have been able to go faster since the tires tread has less resistance.

Recommend

Yes, I definitely recommend these Slime Xc 26x 2.0 Kb Presta Valve Kevlar Bicycle Tires 100% for general riding whether off road or on road cycling for bicycles requiring 26 inch by 2 inch tires.

Final Thoughts

I have and continue to be very pleased with the performance of the tires with being able to go faster and still stopping within 6 to 14 feet depending on speed. These Slime Xc 26x 2.0 Kb Presta Valve Kevlar Bicycle Tires are definitely worth while for getting into entry level competition. All of the surfaces I have been on such as sand, clay, dirt, and road whether wet or dry has been extremely easy to remain in control of the bike because of how well the tire handles many different surfaces.