Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple

Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple: When Regular Beer Just Won't Do!

Sep 17, 2006

Pros:Great flavor!

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: Good light and refreshing malted beverage with low alcoholic content!

I'm not a beer drinker and never really have been. I just have never liked the flavor much and stick with a mixed drink or wine for social occasions. In fact, I tried Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple by total accident. On a recent camping trip, I sent hubby to the store for a few last minute purchases. One of the items on the list that I asked him to pick up some wine coolers. In his rush, he didn't pay much attention to what he was buying, saw "green apple" and thought I would like the flavor. He didn't notice that he picked up a malted beverage and not wine coolers. When I pointed this out to him later that night, he just shrugged.

Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple

Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple is a premium malted alcoholic beverage with natural flavor of green apples. It comes in 12 fl. oz. clear bottles with the Smirnoff Twisted logo on front. They are sold in 6-packs and also by the single bottle in some convenience stores. The 6-packs retail for $6.99-$8.49 depending on where purchased.

Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple is a light alcoholic beverage containing 5% alcohol by volume. Smirnoff Twisted is also available in the following flavors:

Watermelon
Black Cherry
Raspberry
Cranberry
Mandarin Orange

Malted alcoholic beverages fit right into the alcohol market along with wine coolers and other flavored beer such as hard lemonades. In fact, it has a large appeal to the younger crowd and women in general.

My Thoughts On Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple

I wasn't thrilled to find a malted beverage being delivered instead of the wine coolers I asked for. However, I am game to try new things and this was to be no exception. It was late and we were planning on leaving early in the morning. I didn't want to make another trip to the store.

When I first opened a bottle of Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple I noticed the fruity aroma. The first taste was a real eye opener. It was sour! Just like a green apple jolly rancher only more sour. After this initial shock of flavor and sourness, the flavor smooths out and is actually quite enjoyable.

This is a nice alternative to other alcoholic choices on the market. It is light and refreshing and low in alcoholic content. You also have several flavor choices to choose from. If you like and enjoy this kind of refreshment, you will more than likely enjoy this beverage.

I think Smirnoff has come up with some great competition for Zima and Bacardi Silver brands. The packaging is eye catching, the flavors are appealing and the price is affordable. Most of all, the product is enjoyable.

Recommendation

You bet I recommend it. Although this may not end up being my favorite flavor, I did enjoy it. And I will be trying other flavors! I give Smirnoff Twisted Green Apple 4.5 Stars.