Snapper Lt145h38dbv Lawn Tractor

Snapper 16 HP 42" Deck Lawn Tractor

Jul 20, 2005 (Updated Jul 23, 2005)

Pros:1. Great engine, very dependable 2. Tough components 3. Quick, even cutting

Cons:You really pay extra for the Snapper name!

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this mower to anyone that has a fairly large yard and wants an easy to drive, durable mower.

We got this mower in 1998, and aside from regular oil changes & occasional deck belts, little has gone wrong with it. The B&S engine has been great. Oh yeah, I did have to replace the battery a couple of years ago, and I had to replace the tensioner pulley on the drive belt last year. Once I learned how to remove & reinstall the deck (information all included in the owner's manual), all repairs have been made at home by me.
I read a review about a Snapper with the 48" deck, and that owner seemed to have a lot of problems over the years. I feel that is because of the 48" deck using 3 blades as opposed to only two blades on the 42" deck. There are fewer sets of bearings and pulleys on my deck, and I think the bigger the deck and the more blades involved, there is more stress on the parts which results in more break downs. Just my opinion.
I also mow a large area. I mow well over an acre every 5-6 days during the SW Florida summer growing season, and also mow paths and other areas out in a cow pasture so we can walk our dogs without fighting the tall grass. It mows some pretty heavy stuff, but that's what Snappers were designed to do. The deck is heavy duty and doesn't get sand-blasted to pieces like the less expensive brands. It really pays to have a deck made with thick metal if you have any sand in your yard.
I've owned a department store brand, but it didn't hold up to what I have to mow. I used to use a rear-engine Snapper, and it lasted very well, but was too slow. The lawn tractor that I have now mows as fast as I care to go on a lawn mower.
Of course, now that I've spoken well of my mower, something on it will probably break. I've learned over the years that when you brag on a piece of equipment, it will immediately break, but I felt I just had to share this information so others can make an informed buying decision.
As I get older, I find I have less spare time, so my next mower might be a zero turn model. It may not actually mow at a faster speed, but the faster turning is supposed to really cut down on mowing time and allow you to get around yard objects faster. One mower shop I recently visited said he will soon be dropping the lawn tractors altogether & only carry the zero turn mowers as that's what most people are wanting these days. However, if you want a good mower and don't mind paying extra for the name, this 42" 16 horse model has been good to me.

Snapper 2003 52 Lawn Tractor Blade Set (3 Blades Per Set)

Genuine Snapper part Replaces 1737252, 1737252AYP, 1737252BZ, 1737252BM, and 1737252A 52 Lawn Tractor Blade Set Includes 3 blades

Snapper Lt2452 52 Lawn Tractor 24hp Briggs V-twin 2690980a

Snapper Lt2452 52 Lawn Tractor 24hp Briggs V-twin 2690980a

amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;div style=text-align:centeramp;amp;amp;amp;gt;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;img src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0amp;amp;amp;amp...

Snapper 2003 52 Lawn Tractor Blade Set (3 Blades Per Set)

This Snapper 2003 52 Lawn Tractor Blade Set (3 Blades Per Set) will replace part numbers 1737252, 1737252AYP, 1737252BZ, 1737252BM, and 1737252A

Snapper Spx2246 Lawn Tractor Mower 46 - 22hp Briggs Engine

Snapper Spx2246 Lawn Tractor Mower 46 - 22hp Briggs Engine

Snapper SPX2246 Lawn Tractor Mower 46 - 22hp Briggs Engine Standard Delivery Press. Release. Start You've just experienced one of lawn mowing's most s...

Lawn Tractor Cover

Lawn Tractor Cover

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. Protects riding mowers against sun damage, rain, dust, birds and tree sap. The heavy-duty fabric w...
Home Depot

Snapper 2017 46 Deck Belt for Lawn Tractor

Snapper 2017 46 Deck Belt for Lawn Tractor

This Snapper 2017 46 Deck Belt for Lawn Tractors will replace part numbers 1732956 and 1732956SM. This is a Genuine Snapper part.

Classic Accessories Olive Tractor Cover, fits lawn tractors with a deck up to 54

The Classic Accessories Lawn Tractor Cover in olive protects garden tractors from the elements. Made from heavy-gauge material along with shrink and s...

Classic Accessories Lawn Tractor Cover 73910

Classic Accessories Lawn Tractor Cover 73910

Classic Accessories 73910 Protect your tractor against sun damage, rain, dust, birds and tree sap with the classic lawn tractor cover. Dual vents let...
Wayfair