Snorenz

Snorenz - Better Than Nothing

Apr 11, 2002 (Updated Apr 11, 2002)

Pros:Easy to use, natural ingredients

Cons:Not very effective

The Bottom Line: Snorez helped quiet the snoring a little bit, but didn't stop it. It's worth a try anyway.

Snoring had never been a problem for my husband and me until about the last year or so. As he's gotten older his snoring has gotten louder and more consistent, and since menopause my sleep patterns have changed and I wake up during the night more often. I'd find it impossible to go back to sleep with his snoring so loud right next to me. Some nights I would even have to go sleep in another room. This is not good for a relationship!

What to do? I'd seen an advertisement on TV for Snorenz, a throat spray that was supposed to guarantee snoring relief. I picked up a bottle at Wal-Mart for $9.95, thinking what the heck, it's worth a try.

~ What Exactly is Snorenz?

Most people snore because fatty tissue, tonsils, and adenoids narrow the air passageways, creating turbulence which makes throat tissue vibrate. The noise is typically produced by the soft palate vibrating against the back of the throat or the base of the tongue.

Snorenz contains a patented Liposome process which delivers a droplet spray mist directly to the back of the throat, lubricating the uvula and throat area, which should diminish or eliminate snoring. Sounds great!

~ So What's In It?

We always prefer to use natural remedies whenever possible, and the ingredients in Snorenz was part of its allure. It contains all natural ingredients, with no chemicals, colorings or preservatives added, and no artificial flavors.

- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B-6
- Olive Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Almond Oil
- Sesame Oil

Additional ingredients are:

- Glycerine, Lecithin and Purified Water Base.

It comes in a 3 fl. oz. pump spray bottle - small enough to keep handily by your bedside.

How Well Did it Work?

The directions say to shake before using. Then tilt your head back and spray three times to the back of the throat and uvula. Hold towards the back of your mouth for about 15-20 seconds and then swallow. For best results you shouldn't eat or drink 30 minutes before using. And if you drink anything during the night to reapply.

It tastes very pleasant and minty, similar to a mint toothpaste. The consistency is somewhat viscous, a little slimy feeling, but not terribly unpleasant. Takes a little getting used to, but not too bad really.

The first night my husband tried it I was so looking forward to a quiet night's sleep. He went instantly to sleep, as usual, and I waited for the first snore. Hmm...nothing yet. Oops, there it goes, the first little snore, but not much of one. A couple more muffled snorts, and then I was asleep. I believe I awoke once or twice that evening and heard some soft snoring, but it didn't bother my sleep.

The next few nights I noticed he was only using one or two sprays, instead of the suggested three. And I don't think he was holding it at the back of his mouth for the 15-20 seconds either. Which I can understand, because the consistency is a little yucky. Well, the snoring was back to about usual, loud and obnoxious. No change whatsoever. Drat!

I asked him to try and be a little more diligent when he applied the spray, to use the full three sprays and hold it for a few seconds, and see if that would make a difference. And that did help the snoring somewhat. He'd snore a little less, and more quietly when he applied it correctly.

So he's been using it for about three weeks now, and the snoring is definitely still there, every night. I do think it's a little quieter though. I haven't had to move out of the bedroom yet anyway, so I guess that's an improvement.

~ Final Recommendations and Notes

Snorenz is probably better than nothing, and worth a try. It has no side effects. And other snoring "cures", such as laser surgery or appliances, are much more costly and invasive.

Even though Snorenz didn't stop the snoring in our case, it helped just a little bit. I'm going to recommend this product, however, because I think it's worth trying.

One Note - Snorenz is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure sleep apnea.

At www.snoring.tv they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied simply return the unused portion for a refund.