Snorta! Board Game Reviews

Snorta! Board Game

Hoot To Play - Mattel Snorta

Aug 17, 2010

Pros:fun, different type of game, will make you laugh

Cons:tests your memory

The Bottom Line: Snorta is a hoot to play. If you are looking for a fun game to enjoy with your family, we would recommend Mattel Snorta.

As my children get older it seems harder to pick games that we all enjoy playing. I came across Snorta last year and thought it looked like a fun game that we might all enjoy. I picked it up and gave it to my son for Christmas.

Snorta is recommended for children eight and older and requires four to eight people to play. Snorta is made by Mattel. The object of the game is to be the first player to play all your cards in your hand.

Snorta comes with 97 Snorta cards, 12 Snorta animals, 8 Snorta plastic barns, an animal cloth grab bag and rules. The 97 Snorta cards consist of 8 cards for each of the 12 animals and a swap card. The 12 Snorta animals are a pig, owl, cat, dog, cow, donkey, frog, duck, mouse, snake, rooster and sheep.

Before playing, place one barn in front of each player and place all 12 animals in the animal grab bag. Each player should take one animal out of the bag and place it inside their barn so no one else can see. Shuffle the cards and deal all cards face down. If there are 7 or 8 players all 12 sets of animal cards will be used. If there are 5 or 6 players, you need to remove one set of animal’s cards and if there are 4 players you need to remove two sets.  Before playing, each player must make the sound of their animal in their barn. So if you have a pig, you say oink, a cow moo and so forth. Each player needs to remember what the others players have in their barn.

Let’s Play

Each player should hold their cards so no one else can see them. The first player flips over their top card. Play continues until two players lay identical cards. So when two people lay a pig card, play stops. The two players that have the match need to make the sound of the other players animal in their barn. The first to do so is the winner of the match. The player that loses that match gets all the cards from the winners pile on the table and must also pick up their own cards and place them back in their hand.  All other cards remain on the table. Play continues until another match is made. The first player to run out of cards in their hand is the winner.

If you flip over the Swap card you will need to swap your animal with another one in the bag. Swap the animal and make the sound of your new animal.

You can play Snorta with younger children and change the rules a bit to make it easier for them to play. Instead of putting the animals in the barn out of site, you can leave the animals out and play as above.

Snorta is a fun, silly game. It requires memory and matching skills but does not require reading or math skills.  Snorta is fun for the whole family.

I purchased Snorta online for $9.99 last year. They do still sell it but for around $14.99. I have never looked for Snorta in the stores so I am not sure if they sell it in store or not.

Snorta is a game that the whole family can enjoy playing together. My son has taken this to his great grandparent’s house to play. They also enjoy playing. They of course are more forgetful and find it a bit harder to remember what animals are in the barn but that is part of the fun.

When we are done playing, I place all the animals back in the bag so they do not get lost. Everything then fits nicely back in the box for easy storage.

We like Snorta because it is a different type of game. It will make you laugh as your opponents are trying to remember what animal is in the barn and all the animal sounds that are being made.

Type of Toy: Game
Age Range of Child: Whole Family

2007 Snorta The Family Game Everyone Acts Like An Animal Factory Sealed ^

2007 Snorta The Family Game Everyone Acts Like An Animal Factory Sealed ^

I have up for sale a 2007 Snorta Game It is NEW and Factory Sealed Thanks for looking and please check out my other items for more great deals