Soarin' over California at Walt Disney World

Another great job by Disney.

Feb 16, 2012 (Updated Feb 16, 2012)

Pros:Smells, sights and feeling.

Cons:wait times

The Bottom Line: Disney does it again with sensory overload on this exhilirating ride.

Soarin is located inside Epcot's The Land pavilion in Future World is a gem right out of Disney Land in California. The ride was widely popular, and once you have ridden it once, You will know why.

Soarin takes all your senses on a ride, literally! In the years since Soaring' has been open at Epcot, wait times have always been long. If you are lucky enough to have extra magic hours by staying at a Disney Property, you may only have to wait 30 minutes or under. However, it is not unheard of to have wait times upwards of 2 hours. My best suggestion is to grab a fast past for this ride as soon as you enter the park, so that you can do all the attractions around it and come back during your designated times.
The positive of this ride's line is apparent from entering the pavilion; You get to wait inside in air condition. This is a huge plus in the summer, but only makes the lines longer.

Prior to the actual ride, we were briefed on a "pre flight" education video. Once entering the ride you are loaded on to a platform and you are instructed to use your safety belts provided. Although this is a simulation, you are lifted above the ground and your level varies depending on which row you are in. You will notice that you are actually in an auditorium style theater with 10 or so other "hang gliders"

Within minutes of loading, the roof is lowered and you are whisked off on a ride so real, nothing else can compare. This gentle yet exhilarating ride glides over many California landmarks including the Golden Gate Bride and Yosemite Falls. You fly over an orange grove and your will notice the distinct smell of citrus filling your nose and over the ocean you hear the waves crashing together as a fan is swept over you for full effect.

Whether it be the smell of a certain food filling a country in Epcot or the real animals on a safari, Disney has always done an amazing job of overloading your senses with realistic characteristics. However, this ride takes the cake! Soarin proves that a ride does not have to be daring and fast to race your heart and take your breath away.

Each time we go to Epcot, we make sure to visit Soarin. This ride never gets old. My husband and I agree that although we appreciate the California landscape and it is beautiful, it would be nice to see Florida's landscape for the Disney World experience. Even better, I would be interested in the areas where all Disney's are located such as Tokyo, presented in this ride.

Best Suited For: Families