Softlips PURE Coral Charm Sheer Lip Tint/Conditioner, Pack of 2

A Nice Summer Alternative To Lipstick: Softlips PURE 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm, Coral Charm

Jul 17, 2011

Pros:Protects lips; adds a nice wash of color; contains sunscreen; natural; compact

Cons:Balm a little firmer/thicker than I like

The Bottom Line:

This is a nice tinted lip balm with sunscreen and natural ingredients. I recommend it.

I was recently browsing the lip balm area of my local Wal-Mart, where they have a nice selection of Softlips products. I needed a new lip balm, so I decided to pick up a two-pack of the Softlips PURE 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm in the Coral Charm shade.

Product Details:

This is a .07 oz. tinted lip balm that comes in a small white plastic tube with a pinkish coral plastic cap. The balm is moved up by turning the bottom of the tube clockwise.

Softlips has this to say about this product on their website at softlips.com: Create a soft, coral glow plus natural sun protection for gorgeous, healthy lips.

In addition to the Coral Charm shade, the Softlips 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm is available in Shell Pink and Natural Honesty, which is a warm bronze tone.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Active Ingredient:
Zinc oxide 6.5%. Inactive Ingredients: Coconut oil, olive fruit oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, jojoba seed oil, safflower seed oil, sunflower seed oil, mango seed butter, carnauba wax, jojoba esters, polyhydroxystearic acid, castor seed oil, vitamin E, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, carmine, iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide.

My Experience:

I'd used Softlips products in the past, but haven't used any of their lip balms in over a decade. I liked the idea of a tinted lip balm with natural ingredients and sunscreen.

I chose the Coral Charm shade over the light pink and light bronze shades because the pink was too light and I don't like the way brownish shades look on me. That left the Coral Charm shade, which has been a nice shade for me. It's really not a straight coral shade and is more of a light dusty pink shade with gold shimmer, making a coral shade. The gold shimmer isn't sparkly or glittery (the particles are far too tiny to be that noticeable), and I can't really see it on my lips but I can see it in the tube.

Softlips PURE 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm is a bit more firm than the lip balms I'm used to. This one has more of a beeswax type of firmness instead of a softer, more glossy type of lip balm, which are the type that I usually buy. It requires a bit of pressure to apply this balm to my lips, and it's a bit more thick then the thinner, glossier types of lip balms. This product has a matte finish and isn't glossy at all. It gives my lips a soft wash of the pinkish gold coral color which isn't far from the natural color of my lips, but with a hint of shimmer.

The .07 oz. of product in this tube is about half of that of a normal lipstick. So it's not going to last as long as a tube of lipstick, but it's a nice way to get a sheer wash of color in a natural product and it also contains SPF 15.

Softlips PURE 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm lasts on my lips for quite a while, at least 45 minutes or so. Because it's thicker, it seems to last longer than an average lip balm or lipstick. It doesn't last long if I'm eating or drinking, though, of course.

Overall, I recommend this lip balm and like it quite a bit. I won't hesitate to repurchase it. I like the thickness, the natural ingredients and the sunscreen. The tube is also compact, which I like, because it doesn't take up a lot of room in my makeup bag or purse.

Price and Purchasing Information:

I bought my Softlips PURE 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm in the two-pack at my local Wal Mart for about $5. It can be found in the multi-pack at mass merchants and drugstores. My local Ulta has this product in the single size (not the two-pack) for about $3. Softlips' website listing for this product states that this product is available only on their website, but when you go to their online store, it's not available for purchase there.

Softlips Pure Chai Tea 95% Organic Lip Conditioner Soft Lips Lip Balm

Softlips Pure Chai Tea 95% Organic Lip Conditioner Soft Lips Lip Balm

Softlips PURE Chai Tea Organic Lip Conditioner 95% Organic New, Carded Gluten Free Net Wt 0.07 oz (2 g)Terms Conditions Payment:Payments are only acce...

2 Soft Lips - Coral Gloss - Spf 10 Sheer Color Softlips

2 Soft Lips - Coral Gloss - Spf 10 Sheer Color Softlips

TWO SOFT LIPS CORAL GLOSS Please visit my store for more GREAT PRODUCTS! I do combine shipping to save you money. Up for sale ~ TWO NEW IN PACKAGE SOF...

Softlips Coral Lip Glosssheer Soft Lips Protectant W/spf 10 Exp 10/14

Softlips Coral Lip Glosssheer Soft Lips Protectant W/spf 10 Exp 10/14

Softlips Coral Gloss Lip Protectant with Sunscreen - Includes ONE lip gloss (carded)- Color: Coral - Essential moisturizers plus SPF 10 protection - E...
Softlips 2pc Lip Balm Birthday Cake+ Bonus Vanilla Limited Edition Spf 20

Softlips 2pc Lip Balm Birthday Cake+ Bonus Vanilla Limited Edition Spf 20

BRAND : Softlips CONDITION : NEW! ITEM : Lip Balm/Lip Protectant/Lip Sunscreen FLAVOR/TYPE : Birthday Cake w/ BONUS Vanilla 2 Tubes Birthday Cake SPF ...

SoftLips Cube Fresh Mint Lip Care - 0.23 oz

SoftLips Cube Fresh Mint Lip Care - 0.23 oz

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Softlips cube fresh mint lip care - 0.23 oz

Softlips Cube Lip Balm, Variety Pack (4 Ct.)

Softlips Cube Lip Balm, Variety Pack (4 Ct.)

Softlips Cube Lip Balm, Variety Pack (4 ct.) - Free USA Shipping

Softlips Tints Honey Lip Balm / Protectant (pack Of 3)

Softlips Tints Honey Lip Balm / Protectant (pack Of 3)

Softlips Tints Honey Lip Balm / Protectant (Pack of 3) Expire On 12/2015 Softlips Tints Hydrating tints with a touch of sheer color Benefits:Hydrates ...

SoftLips Cube Pomegranate Blueberry Lip Care - 0.23 oz

SoftLips Cube Pomegranate Blueberry Lip Care - 0.23 oz

Find facial skin care at Target.com! Softlips cube pomegranate blueberry lip care - 0.23 oz

Softlips Cube Lip Balm Variety Pack 4 Pack

Softlips Cube Lip Balm Variety Pack 4 Pack

SOFTLIPS Cube Lip Balm Variety 4 Pack -Pomegranate Blueberry, Fresh Mint, Vanilla and Strawberry Softlips Cube Lip Balm has an advanced 5-in-1 formul...

4 Pc Softlips 5 In 1 Lip Care Cube W/ Lip Perfecting Technology + Spf15

4 Pc Softlips 5 In 1 Lip Care Cube W/ Lip Perfecting Technology + Spf15

SoftLips 5 In 1 Lip Care Cube w/ Lip Perfecting Technology + SPF15 New!!! Sealed!!Four(4) Pack Includes:✧✧One(1)Pomegranate Blueberry ✧✧One(1)...