Sony is not what it used to be - this is a LEMON by design
Jul 18, 2010
a Somewhat Helpful Review
by the Epinions community
User Rating: Disappointing
Pros:Features on paper: Aux IN, CD, alarms, compactness
Cons:Features function: Poor volume, poor sound, poor controls
The Bottom Line: Do not buy it. There is really not a single reason to own this thing, it has no redeeming qualities to match its faults.
It is really said to see a great brand like Sony putting out such carp.
Recommend this product?
The radio looks good but that is about the only thing that is good about it. Every function, feature and knob are poorly designed, placed or have trouble functioning.
First radio came and the CD player was broken. Well, no big deal, it happens. Returned it and ordered a replacement.
This one worked.. barely.
1. The radio volume is extremely low in general and in other than a dead quiet room this radio is useless
2. AUX in volume is even worse than radio/cd volume. With a powerful MP3 player volume ALL the way up, and the radio volume ALL the way up, it is still way too low. You could not use it, for example, while taking a shower, no way.
3. The volume and tuning knob placement is the worst of any radio by any brand that I have ever seen.
4. Tuning quality is very low
5. Sound quality competes with sound volume for how bad it can be
6. Alarm volume is too low... this is not a good alarm clock for heavy sleepers.
Is this really a Sony, or is this a fake ? Unfortunately, it is a Sony.
The brand, I noticed, took a real nosedive in design quality over the last 10 years or so.
Congradulations, Sony. THIS product set a new low for you. Let's see if you can now dig it even deeper.
Read more product reviews on Sony ICF-CD815 Clock Radio
Write a Review
Amount Paid (US$): -
Share this product review with your friends