Sony DVP-CX995V DVD Player Reviews

Sony DVP-CX995V DVD Player

Best Jukebox Player Out There For Now.

Oct 20, 2005

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Disk capacity, features, technology, simplicity

Cons:No stopping auto play for DVD's

The Bottom Line: This is the best jukebox available. Great features with the newest technology. Setup was simple with the quick setup guide.

I spent a lot of time researching my needs and what was available to fill these needs. There are really only two manufactures that presently build a jukebox DVD-Music player. Both Pioneer and Sony presently sell a jukebox style DVD player.
The Pioneer model holds 300 + 1 disks and is of very high quality. But lacks the upscale feature of the Sony. And what made the Sony the only real contender is that the Pioneer lacks the capability to play DVD recordable media. (No DVD +/- R/RW playback features.
The reviews I had read regarding the Sony had me a little worried. So I purchased the unit from Circuit City rather than an online vendor where I could of saved a few dollars. This was because I thought I would have to return the unit.
However I found that the plus's to this unit far out weighed the very few negatives.
The Sony unit played my music CD's flawlessly. It played both DVD-R and DVD+R movies with no problems. I found the controls both on the player and the remote to be simple and effective. The remote does have many buttons, but if you read the manual, they are explained very well.
The Explorer feature was what most of the reviews I read found faulty. I fell in love with this feature. I was a little confused in the beginning. The information is displayed on your television,....not the LCD screen of the Sony. So you must have your television on to select CD's or DVD's using the Explorer feature.
After you have the the Sony jukebox filled with your CD/DVD's you simply hit the "Load" button on the unit. It will attempt to load any information the disks have on them. Very few of my disks contained the information.
So I had to use a computer keyboard with a PS2 plug. (No USB)I then had to input the title/artist and genre of each disk. Sony gives you several options of genre. But not every option. I would have preferred typing in my own genre so I could be more accurate. I did like the option of typing in the "Title and Artist,"...as I could type in anything,....including a small description of the CD/DVD. Once the information is loaded, you can move the disks around,...the player now recognizes the disks and will be able to title the disks where ever they are located.
The biggest gripe I heard was how there is no auto play off feature. I found this gripe to be true. But not something I couldn't live with. At the end of a movie,...I simply change the disk to a music CD, before shutting the unit off. Then when the unit starts back up, it will load the music CD up. I do not have to wait for movie previews before selecting a new CD/DVD.
This unit holds 400 CD/DVD's. There has been a comment made that the disks are so close together that they scratch each other. I have paid close attention to this comment, and so far have not found this to be true.
What I have found is that I have an excellent CD/DVD player that plays CD's CD-R/RW's, DVD's, DVD -R/+R media. It has an HDMI output with upscaler. (Also component and composite outputs.) The unit will play MP3"s, Super Audio CD's. The unit is packed with features like DTS surround sound, NSV video. But what I like the most is what other reviews seemed to fault, the explorer feature. I can simply hit the folder button on my remote. Use the arrow keys to slide up or down to select my CD or DVD title. Then hit select, then play.
If you have a large collection of CD's and DVD's,...this is the best value for your money.

Sony - DVP-SR210P DVD Player with Progressive Output (480p), 96kHz/24-bit Digital Output,

Sony DVP-SR210P DVD Player with Progressive Output (480p), 96kHz/24-bit Digital Output Sony DVP-SR210P Progressive Scan DVD Player is a versatile ente...
Adorama

SONY DVP-FX730 (RED) REGION FREE PORTABLE DVD PLAYER FOR 110-240 VOLTS

SONY DVP-FX730 (RED) REGION FREE PORTABLE DVD PLAYER FOR 110-240 VOLTS

7 wide screen LCD 5 hour rechargeable battery ,built-inUSB Connection for direct playbackRegion Free playback of any PAL or NTSC DVD movie from any re...
Sony 9 Dvp-fx980 Int'l Multi Zone All Region Code Free Portable Disc Dvd Player

Sony 9 Dvp-fx980 Int'l Multi Zone All Region Code Free Portable Disc Dvd Player

For tech support and any questions or advise on connection playback and compatibility, please call us 773-770-6322 SONY DVP-FX980 9 Portable Multi Reg...

Sony DVP-SR510H Black DVD Player

Sony DVP-SR510H Black DVD Player

Experience a quality picture and solid sound in a compact design with DVP-SR510H DVD Player from Sony. This versatile DVD player features fast/slow pl...
Dell

Sony - DVD Player

Sony - DVD Player

This Sony DVPSR210P DVD player features progressive scan for a crisp, smooth picture and built-in Dolby Digital and DTS decoders for quality audio.
Best Buy

Sony DVD Player - Black (DVPSR210P)

Sony DVD Player - Black (DVPSR210P)

Find dvd, vcr players and set-top boxes at Target.com! Watch all your favorite dvd's on this sony dvd player. It's easy to operate and plays cd's and ...

DVD Player

DVD Player

Add a sleek DVD player to your home theater system and you'll be sharing your favorite flicks with family and friends in no time.
MacMall
Sony Dvp-sr370 Multi Region Code Free Dvd Player 1 2 3 4 5 6 0 Pal Ntsc 110-240v

SquareTra AP6.0 Market Leader Since 1999!! GANDHI APPLIANCES 8125 Austin Ave. Morton Grove, IL 60053 847-779-3079 Largest Multi Region DVD Player Dist...

Sony - DVP-SR510H 1080p Upscaling DVD Player, 60 Hz Power Frequency, Home Theater

Sony DVP-SR510H 1080p Upscaling DVD Player, 60 Hz Power Frequency The Sony DVP-SR510H 1080p Upscaling DVD Player is a versatile entertainer, whether y...
Adorama