Sony Handycam HDR-CX100/B 8 GB Camcorder - Black Reviews

CX100 Pro in Your Palm

Apr 8, 2011

• Battery Life:
  • Movie Quality:

Pros:Excellent Quality, Small and Durable, Battery Life, Slow-Mo Mode

Cons:Loose Lens Cover, Does Not Take SD Cards, Only Records Slo-Mo for 12 Seconds.

The Bottom Line: The quality of the video and the camera in general is excellent. Amazing battery life and durability. BUY THIS! You wont be disappointed.

I bought this little camera in the hopes that I would be able to cary it around instead of my big 10 pound video camera. I was not disappointed. This camera has the quality of a professional camera. It is full HD, has auto-stabilization and auto-focus. Here are some good things about the Sony CX-100.
Quality-The quality and picture tone on this camera are excellent. The image is very colorful and bright, I really love watching the footage I shot with this camera.
Small- When I'm walking around my block or at a social event, I can fit this camera in my jacket pocket without a problem. When an opportunity arises, I can whip it out, and start shooting.
Excellent Battery Life- The battery life on this camera is pretty good. If you add the bigger battery pack, it's excellent. I got something like 350 minutes out of it shooting Full HD.
Durable Casing- The camera casing is made out of plastic, but don't get me wrong, its a very durable camera. As much as it pains me to say, I have dropped this camera once or twice and picked it up and it works perfectly.
Although my fellow reviewer stated that you cannot record with the LCD screen closed. You actually can. There is a feature that allows you to disable the auto-on off when the LCD is opened or closed.
I like that this camera has a slow motion feature where it will shoot slow motion for 12 seconds. Although inside it degrades the quality quite a lot, outside you can get a pretty awesome slow mo shot.
My one pet peve I have about the camera is the lens cover. It is the kind where you flip a switch and the lens cover opens. This switch is very easy to throw. I find that sometimes the lens gets opened in my pocket or camera case. Although the lens is a pretty tough Carl-Zeiss lens, I don't want to get it scratched.

Recommended for: Home and Families - Keep Memories of Family Vacations

Sony HDR-CX360V High Definition Handycam Camcorder (Bordeaux)

Sony HDR-CX360V High Definition Handycam Camcorder (Bordeaux)

Memory Card Support SD/SDHC/SDXC Series HDR Recording Media Built-in Memory and Memory Card Video Recording 1080p
Newegg.com

Handycam HDR-CX500V Camcorder - 1080i - 6.631 MP - 12 x optical zoom NEW OPEN BOX

THIS PRODUCT IS A NEW OPEN BOX - TESTED FOR PROPER OPERATION AND IS IN PERFECT WORKING CONDITION WITH THE ORIGINAL BOX.INCLUDED:SONY HDR-CX500V HAND S...
Sony HDR-CX12 High Definition Memory Stick PRO Duo Handycam Camcorder

SONY Handycam HDR-FX1000 Black Professional Camcorder

SONY Handycam HDR-FX1000 Black Professional Camcorder

Digital Zoom 30X Memory Card Support Memory Stick Duo Connectors HDMI, Component Series Handycam Dimensions (WxHxD) & Weight 6 3/4 x 7 x 13 7/8 inch (...

SONY HDR-CX210/B Black Full HD Flash Memory Camcorder

SONY HDR-CX210/B Black Full HD Flash Memory Camcorder

Digital Zoom 300X Memory Card Support MS ProDuo Mark2 / Pro HG Duo / SD / SDHC / SDXC Connectors USB, HDMI, Composite Dimensions (WxHxD) & Weight Dime...

Essentials Bundle For Sony Handycam Hdr-cx240 & Hdr-pj275 Camcorder Kit

Essentials Bundle For Sony Handycam Hdr-cx240 & Hdr-pj275 Camcorder Kit

Search our eBay Store! Order Toll Free (800) 991-3350 International (631) 389-2138 Essentials Bundle for Sony Handycam HDR-CX240 HDR-PJ275 Camcorder w...

HDR-SR1 30GB Handycam High-Definition Camcorder New-Open Box

HDR-SR1 30GB Handycam High-Definition Camcorder New-Open Box

THIS ITEM IS NEW-OPEN BOX IN PERFECT CONDITION AS BRAND NEW, IN THE ORIGINAL BOX WITH ALL ORIGINAL ACCESSORIES.INCLUDED:SONY HDR-SR1 VIDEO CAMERA SONY...
Sony - HDR-CX330 Full HD Handycam Camcorder, - Bundle With 8GB Micro SDHC Card, Carrying C

Sony HDR-CX330 Full HD Handycam Camcorder, - Bundle With 8GB Micro SDHC Card, Carrying Case, Cleaning Kit, Table Top Tripod, SD Card Reader The Sony H...
Adorama

Sony HDR-TD20V High Definition Handycam 20.4 MP 3D Camcorder with 10x

Sony HDR-TD20V High Definition Handycam 20.4 MP 3D Camcorder with 10x

Digital Zoom 160X Memory Card Support SD Card Recording Media Internal Hard Disk and Memory Card