Good Portable Digital Media Player

Oct 21, 2007 (Updated Oct 21, 2007)

Pros:Listen to songs, view videos and photographs or listen to radio stations.

Cons:hard ear-buds

The Bottom Line: I think that its a decent unit. I have always looked for the Walkman line from Sony, it not bad.

This is a good alternative to the more expensive units. Although I got the 2GB Sony, it's not the biggest drive, but I got it primarily for mp3s. This player has:

A very good little 1.8" LCD screen.

A 320x240 Bi-Directional display high def for such a small screen.

Up to 33 hours of audio, and 8 hours of video.

A digital FM tuner with 30 Pre-sets.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to display album cover art yet.

It comes with hard ear-buds, they kind of hurt my ear taking them off and on.

Get the biggest built-in memory your wallet will allow.

Another Sony product that rocks.

Mine has 400 or more of my favorite tunes in it. Videos take up to much memory for me, but they look and sound very good on the Walkman Video MP3 player.

Battery Life: Up to 33 hours of audio playback and up to 8 hours of video playback give you all-day enjoyment from your multimedia entertainment.

Time Machine Shuffle: Shuffle play among songs from a randomly selected year. (Information will come from CD information that is downloaded from the Gracenote CDDB)

Music Search: Search for music on your Walkman video player by All Songs, Album, Artist, Genre, Release Year, Folder and Play-lists.

Initial Search: Use the first letter of the song, album or artist to easily find the music you are looking for.

Bi-Directional LCD Display: Watch your videos and view your photographs either vertically or horizontally by adjusting the screen to the orientation you prefer.