Sony SY-ICFCS10iPBLK Speaker Dock Clock Radio Reviews

Sony SY-ICFCS10iPBLK Speaker Dock Clock Radio

can serve as a compact stereo system replacement.

Nov 17, 2011

Pros:"great" sound (for a clock radio).  Controls iPod Touch 2G.

Cons:Wish it's wall mountable and design more to a Panasonic SC-HC30.  Less buttons, better antenna.

The Bottom Line: A good replacement for my alarm clock compact stereo system.

Honestly, I didn't want this clock.  i wanted something similar to a Panasonic SC-HC30 compact stereo system, something wall mountable.  Alas, no company make compact stereo system with alarm clock capability.  So I got the next best thing and it's this "alarm clock".

I had a 2 years old ICF-CD815 UGLY sony clock.  Luckily, I was able to sell it for $25.  Livving in NYC, space is a premium.  If you can, you buy elegant components that can serve two device's purpose.  That's why I walk over B&H, J&R, Best Buy, K-Mart, Staples, Target, Costco to find a compact stereo system with alarm clock capability.  So I don't need to have 2 devices serving similar situation.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find such device.  I settled on the next best thing, this sony clock radio.

The sound itself is "great" for alarm clock.  I would probably equate the sound more to a $70 brand name boombox.  Yes, for you audiophiles, it probably stinks.  For "normal" people with "less acoustic" hearing, $70 brand name boombox is good.  There are bass boost and they work well.  However, would be nicer if they include some treble adjustment ability.

There are many buttons on the clock.  Is this really necessary?  In this day and age of "simplify" why so many buttons?  For example, why can't they have one preset button to toggle through the stations instead of 5 buttons?  Actually that's how the remote control has it, one preset button to control (toggle) the change of radio stations.   I also noticed there's a 1 second lag on the buttons on the clock.

I like the remote control.  Although the "snooze" button on the remote should be bigger.

I have an iPod Touch 2nd G.  I "JB" it and was on firmware 3.x.  Unfortunately, the clock refused to play off it.  I restored and upgraded iPod Touch to firmware 4.x and it works.  I now load plenty of music onto the "Touch".  I also play "Pandora" off iPod Touch, the remote can control that little application as well.  Very nice.  Pandora is an Internet radio station, they have a little iPod application (free).  I can play Pandora via iPod Touch.  However, you can't control iPod from the remote except the sounds.

The radio reception is not very good.  One needs to extend the antenna to get optimal reception.  Again, in this day and age with miniature antenna, we shouldn't have this problem.  In fact, I live in NYC, and the clock has a direct path to the radio tower (aka Empire State Building - which i have a direct view and only 1/4 mile from my apt), but the reception need to be adjusted at time.

Sony ICF-CS15IPBLK - Clock radio with Apple Dock cradle - 7 Watt - black ICFCS15IPBLKN

Sony Icfcs15ipn Lightning Iphone/ipod Clock Radio Speaker Dock (black)

Sony Icfcs15ipn Lightning Iphone/ipod Clock Radio Speaker Dock (black)

Wake, sleep and enjoy your favorite music with robust sound for your iPodŽ or iPhoneŽ using this stylish speaker dock. Dual alarms can be activated in...

Sony Icfcs15ipn Lightning Iphone/ipod Clock Radio Speaker Dock (silver)

Sony Icfcs15ipn Lightning Iphone/ipod Clock Radio Speaker Dock (silver)

Your browser does not support JavaScript. To view this page, enable JavaScript if it is disabled or upgrade your browser. Click Here. Double your traf...

SONY ICFCS15IPBLKN IPHONE(R)/IPOD(R) SPEAKER DOCK CLOCK RADIO WITH LIGHTNING CONNECTOR (BLACK)

COMPATIBLE WITH IPHONE(R)/IPOD(R) MODELS WITH A LIGHTNING CONNECTOR; MEGA BASS & MEGA XPAND; DIGITAL AM/FM TUNER; 2-5-7-DAY ALARM; AUTOMATIC TIME SET;...
SONY ICFCS15IPBLKN - BLK SPKR DOCK W/ CLOCK/RADIO

SONY ICFCS15IPBLKN - BLK SPKR DOCK W/ CLOCK/RADIO

BLK SPKR DOCK W/ CLOCK/RADIO MPN: ICFCS15IPBLKN Brand: SONY
SONY BLK SPKR DOCK W/ CLOCK/RADIO (ICFCS15IPBLKN)

SONY BLK SPKR DOCK W/ CLOCK/RADIO (ICFCS15IPBLKN)

BLK SPKR DOCK W/ CLOCK/RADIO MPN: ICFCS15IPBLKN
Sony Speaker Dock-clock Fm/am Radio Music Player For Ipod & Iphone Cf-cs10ip

Sony Speaker Dock-clock Fm/am Radio Music Player For Ipod & Iphone Cf-cs10ip

Sony Speaker Dock-Clock FM/AM Radio for iPod & iPhone CF-CS10iP Perfect for your bedroom, kitchen or living room, the ICF-CS10iP speaker dock and cloc...