Pros: Starts working as you spray.
Cons: Sprayer nozzle tends to leak or drip.
Spectracide Flea and Tick Killer Spray has become my friend and a friend to my dogs. I was tired of the ritual of every night checking Max and Jake for ticks because at first their grassy pen was an attraction for those insects everyday. Then one night while I was checking them I noticed an infiltration of Fleas on Max my boxer.
The next morning I was at Lowes searching the shelves for what I could do to get rid of these bugs and I came across this product. Spectracide Tick and Flea Killer Spray says it covers 5,000 square feet but for me I didn't want to take any chances and bought two sprayers.
When I got back home I read the directions on spraying and so forth. If you have rubber gloves please wear them while spraying this product, because of the sprayer heads tend to drip or spit on your hands and body.
All you have to do to use this product is make sure you have a tight connection between the sprayer bottle and your hose. Turn on the water to fill the bottle up and mix with the chemicals in the sprayer and repeatedly go back and for in a left to right motion in your animals pen. If your dogs or cats are not penned up and you are using this product on your lawn make sure you completely drench the area spraying.
Things to secure a excellent application:
1. Drench the area you are protecting your animals from fleas and ticks.
2. Do apply at least 48 hours before a rain, so the chemicals can work.
3. After applying let dry for almost 5-8 hours before letting your pet go in area sprayed.
4. Wash your hands and all body parts if you come in contact with this spray when applying. Dursban and other filler chemicals are link to cancer, so be careful.
5. Make sure you cut your lawn before applying.
6. Remove all of your pets toys, balls, etc. before applying.
Even though I followed all these procedures this product worked very well for three months. I had to apply another application this month because I found two ticks on Jake. So three months of not worrying is worth it for the $6.99 per bottle.
Spectracide Yard Flea and Tick Killer Spray Concentrate is excellent to prevent your animals from these pests. Remember Ticks are a carrier of Lyme Disease.
For more information please go to their website on this and other products from this provider.
Thanks for reading......