Colorforms Spongebob SquarePants Big Easy Reviews

Colorforms Spongebob SquarePants Big Easy

Not Fun - Colorforms Spongebob SquarePants Big Easy Game

Jul 14, 2010
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:SpongeBob

Cons:colorforms fall off, game board too big, characters fall over

The Bottom Line:

I do think the game has a nice concept but feel there are many changes that need to be made to make SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy an enjoyable game.

My son and I have been cleaning up our game cabinet, donating games we no longer play and throwing away games that don’t have all the pieces. One game we came across shoved way back in the corner was SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy. The box was rather dusty so you know it hasn’t been played for some time. When my son was much younger he was a big SpongeBob fan. Since our family loves playing games I was always looking for new games to play. I came across SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy at Target a few years ago and decided to pick it up. I thought it looked like Candy Land but with a SpongeBob theme.

SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy is recommended for children four and older and requires two to four players to play. SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy is made by Colorforms. The object of the game is to reach the treasure chest and have collected the most krabby patties.

SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy comes with a 26 x 36 Big Easy plastic floor board game, 44 colorform pieces, 4 character cards with stands, a tray to store the colorforms, game spinner and instructions. The character cards are SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Sandy. The colorforms are krabby patties, 2 clarinets, 2 krusty krab hats, 2 cowboy hats and 2 kelp bars.

Before playing SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy you must set it up. You need to assemble the spinier by snapping it together. Lay out the playing board and place the card tray in the lower right corner. Each player needs to choose a character card and place it in a game stand. Place each character at the start. Place the colorforms within everyone’s reach.

Let’s Play

The first player spins the spinner. The spinner contains color and number combinations and Planktons. If the player spins a number color combination, they can either move the number shown or move to the next color. If the spinner lands on Plankton, the player loses a turn and must put their character at the Chum Bucket and they also lose four krabby patties off their card. They place the patties into the tray in the corner.

When moving along the game board you may land on a character space. If you land on a character you move to their house on the game board and collect or lose the number of krabby patties indicated. When your character lands on their home, they also get to collect a special colorform. If you are SpongeBob and you land on your home, you get to collect the krusty krab hat. If you are Squidward, you pick up your clarinet, Patrick picks up his kelp bar and Sandy takes her cowboy hat.

The players can move either forward or backwards on the game board, it is their choice.

The person who gets to the treasure chest first with the most krabby patties is the winner.

Sounds fun but there are many things about this game that we do not like. First I don’t like how the game is played. Since a player can move either front or back, the game can become never ending. The game board is really big so it is hard to find a level surface to play on. Also with the game board being so big, it is hard for small children to reach across it to move their character. My son would always knock things over trying to reach his character. A lot of times he would have to put his knees on the board to get to his piece. Since the game board is made of plastic I always worried that the board would easily tear.

Also the game board is hard to lay flat since it is made of plastic and the characters keep falling over. The colorforms do not stick well on the character cards either.

Unfortunately we only played the game twice before we become bored and frustrated with it. My son would get mad that every time he would go to move his character, he couldn’t reach it and he would knock others down trying to move his. But it frustrated him even more when his krabby patties would fall off.

I purchased SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy on clearance for $10.00. I haven’t looked for it recently in stores but do see that they sell it online but for around $50.00. I certainly do not think any board game is worth that much money even if I liked it.

SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy promotes color recognition, counting, taking turns and patience. There is no reading or batteries required to play. We do like the whole SpongeBob theme. It is a cute game but we wish it was more fun to play.

I do think the game has a nice concept but feel there are many changes that need to be made to make it an enjoyable game. Sorry Colorforms but I cannot recommend SpongeBob SquarePants Big Easy.

Type of Toy: Game
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

Leapster Spongebob Squarepants Saves The Day - Leapster & Leapster 2 -

Leapster Spongebob Squarepants Saves The Day - Leapster & Leapster 2 -

NEW Sealed Package - Leapster Learning Game SpongeBob Squarepants Saves the Day Works with Leapster and Leapster 2 Fast, Free Shipping in the USA!

SpongeBob Colorforms Playset

SpongeBob Colorforms Playset

Item(s): SpongeBob Colorforms Playset; Condition: New With Tags; Material: Stickers; User Age: 3+; UPC: 029101702323; Age Group: 2 - 4 yrs., 4 - 8 yrs...
Swap.com

Leap Frog Leapster Nickelodeon Spongebob Squarepants Saves The Day

Leap Frog Leapster Nickelodeon Spongebob Squarepants Saves The Day

Brand New in Box LeapFrog LeapFrog Leapster Learning Game SpongeBob SquarePants Saves the Day As kids help SpongeBob SquarePants create a new Krabby P...

SpongeBob Squarepants Deluxe SpongeBob Child Costume  Yellow Small Nickelodeon Nick Jr. Adult

SpongeBob Squarepants Deluxe SpongeBob Child Costume Yellow Small Nickelodeon Nick Jr. Adult

SpongeBob Squarepants Deluxe SpongeBob Child Costume Includes: Tunic and shoe covers. Leggings not included. Available in children's size Standard. Th...
BuyCostumes.com

SpongeBob Square Pants Child Costume Spongebob Squarepants Kids

SpongeBob Square Pants Child Costume Spongebob Squarepants Kids

Spongebob Squarepants Adult SpongeBob Square Pants Child Costume- Yellow: 4/6. Includes tunic and shoe covers. Does not include tights.

SpongeBob SquarePants Flashlight

SpongeBob SquarePants Flashlight

Let your favorite underwater pineappledwelling pal light the way with the SpongeBob SquarePants Flashlight This yellow and teal flashlight is decked o...
Toys R Us

SpongeBob SquarePants Superhero SpongeBob Mini-Figure

SpongeBob SquarePants Superhero SpongeBob Mini-Figure

High-quality SpongeBob SquarePants Mini-Figure World Series 3 Mini-Figure! You'll have some nautical nonsense when SpongeBob is dressed like a superhe...
EntertainmentEarth.com

Spongebob Squarepants Party Game

Spongebob Squarepants Party Game

Looking for a cool kids party game that children of all ages are sure to love? This simple Spongebob Squarepants Party Game is perfect for even the yo...
Designed 2B Sweet Inc.

SpongeBob SquarePants Party Tote

SpongeBob SquarePants Party Tote

SpongeBob Square pants is fast becoming a classic character that multiple generations have grown up with. These great Sponge Bob Square Pants party t...
PartySuppliesDelivered.com