Spray Nine Cleaner not only cleans, but disinfects, too!

Nov 4, 2010 (Updated Nov 6, 2010)

Pros:Cleans like magic
Kills viruses, germs, fungi
Made in U.S.A.

Cons:Strong chemical smell

The Bottom Line: Spray Nine Cleaner is the only cleaner you will have to purchase.  It can be used for almost anything except wood cupboards.

I discovered Spray Nine Cleaner approximately twelve years ago and I have been using it regularly ever since.

My Discovery:

Upon entering the restroom and shower facility at a new marina at which we docked our boat, a distinct smell permeated the entire room.  I instantly deducted the smell was coming from some sort of disinfectant.  A young marina staff member was spraying the shower walls and floor with Spray Nine Cleaner.  I had never heard of this strong scented cleaner before and I asked her where I could find a bottle to purchase.  She told me they carried it in the marina store.

Upon speaking to one of the owners of the marina regarding this cleaner, I learned that Spray Nine Cleaner is an all-purpose cleaner as well as a disinfectant.  It is used in the marina restrooms and showers to control mold and mildew.

Upon researching Spray Nine Cleaner, I found it kills fungi that causes Athletes' Foot Fungus in the shower and also destroys bacterial odors.  I was impressed with the marina staff's diligence in cleaning and sanitizing the restrooms and I was very glad I chose this particular marina for docking our boat for the summer months.

Spray Nine Cleaner kills too many viruses and bacteria to list, but some of the more common ones are Influenza A, Rhinovirus, Herpes Simplex I & II, Norwalk Virus, HIV-I, Hepatitis B&C, Salmonella, E. Coli, MRSA, Staphylococcus aureaus, and also fungi that are responsible for Athletes' Foot, diaper rash, thrush, vaginitis, and dermatitis.  Spray Nine Cleaner sanitizes in ten seconds by killing 99.9% of harmful germs on hard, non-porous surfaces.  This is why Spray Nine Cleaner is referred to as the "Germ Terminator".

Spray Nine Cleaner removes dirt, bathtub ring, gum, oil, laundry stains, grease, heel & scuff marks, lipstick, perspiration stains, tar, pencil, ink, light rust, and many other stains.  It can be used on plastic, vinyl, rubber, stainless steel, chrome, tools, floors, walls, sinks, tubs, exterior toilets, BBQ grills, outdoor furniture, toys, tires, boats, and RV's.  It is not recommend to be used on wood kitchen cabinets for it may remove the finish.  Spray Nine Cleaner ensures maximum adhesion for paint and wallpaper projects when used for surface preparation.

Spray Nine Cleaner comes in size ranges from 5 oz. to a 55 gallon drum for commercial use.  I personally use the 32 oz. size spray bottle and I keep a bottle on the boat as well as a bottle at my home.

Spray Nine Cleaner makes my white vinyl deck seats on my boat look like new.  I spray it on the vinyl seats, scrub with a small, soft bristle brush, rinse with water, then dry.  The seats look like new again!

At home, I use Spray Nine Cleaner for many cleaning projects.  It works especially well to clean the mildew off my vinyl siding.  I spray it on, scrub with a brush, and rinse with a hose.  I also use it on my lawn furniture.

Spray Nine Cleaner was created in 1956 by an innovative chemist and a corporate lawyer.  They introduced the world's first ready to use cleaning solution that could also degrease and disinfect hard surfaces.

Active Ingredients:
demethyl benzyl ammonium chloride          .15%
dimethyl ethylbenzyl ammonium chloride    .15%

Other Ingredients*:
*includes detergents and other grease cutting agents  99.70%

Precautionary Statements:
Keep out of reach of children
Hazards to humans and domestic animals
Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing
For prolonged use, protective gloves are recommended
Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling

The only negative issue I have with Spray Nine Cleaner is the strong, chemical smell.

Spray Nine Cleaner is made in the U.S.A.

Thank you for reading my review.